The sleeping dog awakes.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I was wrong.

I posted before difficult child 1 and his family came back to visit that I was very afraid this visit would rekindle the "MY family" BS with DEX's whacky girlfriend.

Well, it did.

Dex saw Wee three times that weekend. Wee hugged him once. Beyond that, there was next to no interaction between them.

DEX text messaged me today. Whackjob girlfriend is having a 21st birthday party for her daughter on Friday. Bring your own meat and beer. And they want Wee.

As if working with husband, dealing with the Brooms (yes, more drama there), and the whole showdown with the school isn't enough, now whack job is back.

Oh, and she saw me at the store Fri night. husband and Wee went in. I didn't. She went out of her way to come to the car and said "Hey girl. what's going on? How are you???" Then went inside, sought out Wee, and was all over him til husband was ready to leave.

It just infuriates me.

Mom2oddson

{{{Hugs}}}

Maybe some sleeping pills in a meatball will put the dog back to sleep. :tongue:

Wish I had some words of wisdom. But, I'll keep my fingers crossed and rattle some beads that something will come by quick and distract the girlfriend from Wee.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Don't you have to leave town with Wee that weekend? I could swear you told me you had somethin' important to go to a few counties away that day that just absolutely was imperative for Wee to attend.

Right everyone? Y'all heard her say that just the other day, didn't you? :winks:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
As a matter of fact, we DO have plans....THANKFULLY! lol

I talked to exMIL last night about it, too. I think she was more appalled than I am. She thinks is is pretty inappropriate to invite an 8 year old to a stranger's 21st drunk fest.

donna723

Not only is it very inappropriate to invite an eight year old to a beer-fueled 21st birthday party ... but am I the only one who finds it a little strange that the mother is giving this kind of party for her daughter? Maybe not totally "inappropriate", just weird!

klmno

Is there any way that this might really be a passive agressive approach of girlfriend's to make sure Wee doesn't get too involved in her and dex's lives- knowing how you'll react to it?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Nope. Not PA girlfriend, of that, I am sure.

July 4, w saw DEX and whackjob in town, and if she'd had a gun, she'd have shot me as opposed to have to look at me. GLARED at me.

July 14, saw her in the store. Smile, wave, speak, have a nice day, enjoy the weekend....

The diff? July 4 she was still planning to get rid of DEX. July 14? She's in love with the greatest thing in the world and they are engaged again. She has NO grip on reality, best I can tell. When she loves DEX, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. She can not hang onto the fact that she's wanted to kick him out 7 or 8 times prior... When she hates him, wel...she wants me to help her get rid of him. What more can one say? She's whacked.

And when she's on, he's a GREAT daddy, and she's gonna help him rebuild that relationship witih Wee because he's such a wonderful man that there just can't possibly be any valid reason for him not to have one!

According to exMIL, Whackjob truly thinks she and I are cut of the same cloth, and some day I will wake up and realize we aren't so very different at all, and she will be my saviour to help with Wee. Why does she think that? Cause her 14 year old hass an IEP, too. You know, the kind they review every year on the annual date, and that has never had to have any additional meetings about. But we deal with IEP's, so she knows just what my life is all about, and she knows what its like to deal witha child like Wee.

Crackpot.

(Oh, and additional slightly irrelevent side note.... The daughter that is turning 21? Single mom at 19. Has lived with THREE men sincce the baby's been here. Has referred to all three as her "husband" and "daddy" to the baby. Now living back at home with Whack Job.)

DammitJanet

Why on earth would anyone want an 8 year old (and when did wee turn 8???) at a beer party?

I think it is very sad when Cory has more sense that some people. At least he has the good common sense to leave Keyana with us if there is going to be a party!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Well, Janet, when you see Cory next, you just give him a big ol' pat on the back and tell him what an awesome job he's doing!

Cause here's 2 people that he has beat all to hades....