The sweetest thing happened today

tiredmommy

Duckie was invited to frenemy's birthday party. She said she would go because they share a lot of friends and A hasn't been too bad toward Duckie lately (they hardly see each other). It was supposed to be last week but A was sick so it was postponed until today.

Duckie is not 100% yet. She is still tiring easily and generally worn out and it was a long party: 1 to 5pm. So I told her that we would compromise and I would allow her to go from 3 to 4:30pm so she wouldn't be too worn out. A's mom thought that was a good idea and I, of course, stayed. ;)

There were over 20 girls at the party when we arrived. Every single girl (even A) starting shrieking "Duckie is here!". They swarmed her and were hugging her; all saying things like "I missed you" & "I'm happy you're okay".

It warmed my heart. :beautifulthing:

susiestar

Roll With It
How great! Very sweet of the girls! It is so nice when other kids react so happily to our kids.

I bet this will be a great memory for both you and Duckie. If you scrapbook a picture of the girls and a blurb about the party would be a great way to keep the memory alive.

tiredmommy

Thanks Wendy, SW, Lisa & Susie. A few of her friends seemed to want to stick right by her the entire time we were there. Three friends in particular hung close by: her bff from way back, her best buddy that will be moving out of state soon and her little friend that starting homeschooling last week. :)

There was one girl that always seem to run hot & cold with Duckie, not really a problem with Duckie but she may be a little overly emotional? She was at the play date where Duckie was bullied in June... she hadn't talked much to Duckie since then but admitted to her in August that she was embarrassed at how she acted that day. Well, this little girl hugged Duckie so tight that I thought she might snap Duckie in two. Duckie just grinned....

JJJ

Wow, what a great moment.

Thank you so much for sharing. I really needed to hear about one of ours being treated well today! It gives me hope.

tiredmommy

{{{JJJ}}}

All our kids deserve to be treated well and valued by our peers. I'm fortunate that Duckie passes for easy child almost all the time (in public anyway!) so she hasn't experienced being shunned or shied away from too much. I really hope your kids get to experience belonging to the group, they're great kids. :thumbsup:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Now THAT memory is one for the MOMMY scrapbook!!!

OMG it's certainly one for the Auntie memory box!! HUGE SMILES HERE. I love when one of our own kids is loved and accepted unconditionally above and beyond!! It should be like that for every kid - all the time. :D

But today? I'm elated it was Duckies turn! Hope there are many more like that in her lifetime.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sooooooooo Sweeeeeeeet~

I am always so taken aback by how equally mean and sweet little girls can be.

Sounds like this is just what Duckie needed. So glad you let her go!