The things G'sFG say!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Do you G'sFG say things that just crack you up sometimes and can't keep a straight face?
I know kid's say the darndest things... but when it is a difficult child... it just seems all the more funny...

The last couple of days K has been cracking me and husband up. I don't know if it is the lack of medications or what?

*I wouldn't put that in your mouth it is dirty... "Well I would"

*husband is lying with her in bed, I am in the bottom bunk with N, he says, lie still it is time to go to sleep... "Well there is nothing to do" he says, well it is time for bed, "Well I am bored"

*husband is getting ready to get in bed with K to read to her, "This is a no Daddy area"

*To me tonight, "Well honestly, you are giving me a huge headache" , I had not just told her she was giving me one!!! Nor do I ever tell her that! LOL

These don't include the really mean things she has been saying... :tongue:

F

flutterbee

Back when difficult child was really spiraling and refusing therapy....she came to me sobbing, telling me she hates her life and she wants to die. So, I tried to talk to her about therapy and how it helps and she was continuing to refuse saying she wasn't stupid. I told her that she was miserable all the time. She said, "So! I'm not going to die!" *shakes head*

Or - more recently - when I told her to watch her tone, she said, "How can I watch my tone??? I can't see my words coming out of my mouth!"

She's sooo good at compensating, my darling girl, that I forget that she can be very literal. Even at that, I just stood back unable to decide if she just didn't understand or if she was being a smart-mouth. I just let it go. LOL

She had such an advanced vocabulary at such a young age, that at 2 years old it was like talking to an adult. I can't count how many times I would just stop and stare at her at the words coming out of her mouth...not only did she know the words, she was using them appropriately (and I don't mean bad words ;) ).

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
That is funny H, not that she wanted to die but you know.
Little N is like that.
We drive a little boy home each day we pick them up from pre-School. I am convinced he is a little difficult child... (I know)
anyway he only has one volume, loud, and he is obsessed with cars... he screams the whole ride, "Look at the CARS, look at the TIRES, OH, OH, OH, CAAAAR"
He is so cute, he goes to speech.. but N sits in the back, "We know D, a car." "Yeah you told us already a car"
and he gets upset to the point of sobbing, if he can't come over our house... SO N before he can start says, "And remember D, you are not coming over today, so please do not get upset, you have to go home today, OK"

I just sit and drive, cracking up... too cute!

Tink's vocabulary is beyond her age. The other day she told me she was brainstorming. She often refers to her things as her objects or her items.

Yet, she says "becept" instead of "except" and "Jejus" instead of "Jesus".