The Trinity Family Christmas Chaos bas begun...

trinityroyal

:choir:

The first round of family members has arrived for the Christmas Eve movie festival. The Monsterz are watching Frosty the Snowman, and I'm frosting a cake (seemed fitting).
Step-D, her boyfriend, and difficult child have all descended. Round 2 begins tomorrow, and Round 3 on Boxing Day.

I don't think I'll have a moment to catch my breath, let alone post or see how you all are doing. Know that you're all in my thoughts, and I'm wishing all of you the best of drama-free, peaceful Christmases.

And now, I'm off to make the Gingerbread Men, attend a tea party currently being hosted by Tyrantina, and if I don't get confused and forget, make dinner.

Love you all!
Trinity

Mattsmom277

Merry Christmas Trinity and your crew! Sounds like a wonderful few days. Enjoy!

And a Merry Christmas to everyone else too. I see several threads, so since this was the top one when I checked in, I will just send out good wishes to you all from here. I hope that even if difficult child-ness rears its heads, that there are some great moments of peace and happiness for all of you during your holidays.

S/O, easy child and I shared a quiet dinner (glazed ham, yum) last evening and did a very small (super scaled down) gift exchange quietly this morning over coffee (for myself and S/O) and hot chocolate (easy child). We have spent the day just goofing around in pj's, watched a few Christmas cartoon specials, and even fit in a nap this afternoon. Turkey didn't even get into the roaster oven until 4pm. So for the first year NOT hosting a family meal, we through it all into a "go with the flow" pattern, and we will probably not sit to dinner until around 8 or 9pm. It feels super relaxing and really quite liberating. No rushing around prepping the house, cleaning, setting a big table, attending guests needs, watching the clock to time the different dishes cooking etc. It is for sure the quietest Christmas that we have ever had. And we are loving every second of it and indulging in lazy. Tomorrow we will sleep in as long as we wish, have a later brunch of leftovers from yesterday and today's meals, and then we are off in our pj's and santa hats to watch Les Miserables, followed by Parental Guidance.

Best wishes for each and every one of you all. For those missing loved ones, I sympathize. Our Matthew is a three day drive across the country, alone in his apartment, with the flu and doesn't know a single person in his new city since his roommate came home to our province for Christmas. We miss him badly.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Was that a high tea or just a normal tea with all the usual stuffed bears?

(I have gloves and a tiara should I ever get invited) lol.

Sounds lovely .......