The Tudors! Love It!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I have seen 2 episodes so far. I recorded them on my DVR and watched after the girls went to bed.
So then I looked to see how long the show has been on.
This is season 3!!!

I netflixed season 1... it just came in the mail.:tongue:

I am not going to watch any more of the new ones until I am caught up.
Is any one else watching this?
The film work and costumes are just amazing.
I am so bad with World History, it is something that I am discovering later in life.
This is just so interesting and the actors are good.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I rented Season one from the library and am currently watching Season Two through Netflix. I love it!

I don't get Showtime, so I will never be current - lol.

My sisters have been nagging me to see them as we're all sort of into this time - in fact, I read a lot of this period as well. Have I said that I love it yet?!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm following along in my 1898 book of Queens of England -

The show itself is a fair account of the period, but Henry the VIII was said to have been either BiPolar (BP) or Schizophrenic. His thinking was illogical at best self-serving and narcissistic.

He was a brutal man who fanicied women and belive me I've seen pictures of the women he married and for their time were very fair. I think out of everyone concerned I felt the most sorry for the Princess Mary. Denounced her Mother, her religion even her own birth and had to admit she was a ******* just to get back in the kings good graces. Unimaginable. I'm also reading Elizabeth Tudor - and it's a scorcher about the virgin queen - I can pass it along after I'm done if anyone is interested.

I could talk about that time period a lot. The only thing I don't like is watching the show with DF. I have to explain everything and I over explain it and then hoover the fun out of it for him, but - can't wait to see if Jonathan Ryes-Myers (yummy!) is going to be heavier and crazier. I see they have him doing a beard -

The clothes are JUST ------PHENOMINAL - whomever their seamstress/designer is should get a huge award.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
The only thing I don't like is watching the show with DF. I have to explain everything and I over explain it and then hoover the fun out of it for him, but - can't wait to see if Jonathan Ryes-Myers (yummy!) is going to be heavier and crazier. I see they have him doing a beard -

The clothes are JUST ------PHENOMINAL - whomever their seamstress/designer is should get a huge award.

Thankfully, H doesn't really like it - in fact, he said he hates it so he either falls asleep or goes in our room to read. I prefer just being able to watch and enjoy it alone, honestly. And the costumes - I KNOW! Unbelievable!!

I am on the second DVD of the 2nd season and you can see that he's losing it a little. My sister said she thought the 2nd season was just the best. She's now watching the 3rd season however, so I will see what she has to say. I already have the 3rd season listed on my Netflix.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Now I am so excited to watch Season 1!!! It was supposed to come in the mail today. :(
I am going to start looking into books on this Period, so Star* any suggestions I will gladly take!I am going to write the books I see down. We have a wonderful used book store here.
Yes the costumes are awesome... And so is Jonathan yummy!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I promise not to tell you how it ends! We are very familiar with that time period and even have four pieces of furniture from that era, very heavy oak, very dark. When I touch them I like to think of all the generations that used them, all the women that washed those floors around the feet of the pieces and washed and put away those clothes.

You might enjoy reading the works of Allison Weir, just google her name.

I think that the person who wrote "absolute power corrupts absolutely" was right. Most kings were over the top in behavior. It's hard to tell what is mental illness and what is complete power over other human beings!