The tweedles turned 14 today.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
& it's been quite the blaancing act between visits & celebrations but I think it's been a successful birthday.

husband went to visit wm & take him out to pick out his birthday gift( a new bike per foster mum's rquest). husband threw in a helmt because we are just a bike riding helmet wearing family. wm infromd husband that he wasn't wearning the helmet .... husband informed wm (wth foster mums approval, that the bike would be locked up in that case). Pretty much deflated wm's attitude toward helmets.

We took kt out yesterdy for her bike....she & PCA went out to mall to spend birthday money burning a hole in her plket. Chris BRown CD & earrings. AFter husband got home we took kt out to dinner & we have a Culver's ice cream cake we're about to serve.

wm's birthday cake is tomorrow & I will be atgending the cake & ice cream.

I have the feeling I'll need to start the plan for the tweedle's birthday next year tomorrow. I feel as though I'm hopping from one trampoloine to the next.

All in all a good birthday for both!

Andy

:hapBday: :hapBday:
KT & WM​

Bikes are good - you did good!!! :)

For next year? 15 years old? drivers permits!!! :rofl:

Just kidding - I shouldn't scare you like that. Tell them they need atleast a good 7 years of continous 100% helmet wearing bicycling before even thinking of a car.​

everywoman

Glad that the day went well. It seems like you have worked out a nice little plan to include celebrations for both.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
So glad the day went well for the Tweedles:) All of your careful planning paid off! I like the bike helmet rule-we have the same one here.

Happy Birthday Wm and Kt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hapBday:

klmno

Congratualtions to all of you!! I think 14 yo is a turning point. You seem to be handling it well and things went smoothly...

Way To Go!!

susiestar

Roll With It
happy birthday to both kt and wm!!!!!

WOW, it doesn't seem they should be so grown up, does it? Sounds like you are having a pretty successful set of celebrations, glad you can go to wm's.

Hugs,

susie

Estherfromjerusalem

Congratulations on their 14th birthday!

Here in Israel, it is illegal to ride a bike without a helmet!

You are quite right to insist on it.

Anyway, enjoy all the double celebrations, and then get a good rest, which you truly deserve.

Love, Esther

JJJ

Wow, 14 just sounds so old. Happy Birthday wm & kt! Great job balancing both celebrations!

Charmedpea

Happy Birthday difficult child..

My difficult child 14th birthday is in a couple of weeks and she wants to go shopping. Which i'm half & half looking forward to.. Lets just say our taste in clothes are different.

charmed

svengandhi

I like your response to the bike helmet and the fact that foster mom supported you. In my state, helmets are mandatory until age 14, but I haven't told my kids that yet! My biggest problem was H, who refused to wear one until I deflated all of his tires and told the kids he was grounded till he wore one.

I am almost on my 3rd 14 year old and they are amazing at that age. I hope they both enjoy their bikes - mine loves his.

TerryJ2

Congrats!
We went through the bike thing, too, and difficult child didn't care whether the bike was locked up. I just don't get it.
I hope this proves to be a good yr for you all. :)

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you all.....wm's birthday cake will be Monday or Tuesday night (pray Tuesday).

I'm sorry about the spelling - I was having trouble with my sight last night - apparently more than I was aware of. I thought I had caught everything. What a mess.

I'm praying that kt continues to grow & mature this year; that wm starts to stop & think & make good choices. That we begin to see a bit of maturity in him as well. I'm praying this will be one of the best years we've seen in kt & wm.

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
HAPPY BELATED BITHDAY TO THE TWEEDLES!!!!! I cannot believe they are 14 already! Good thing they are getting older, but we arent! LOL!!!! :hapBday::hapBday:

Hugs and love,

Vickie

B

butterflydreams

Sorry I am late in this, but a Happy Belated Birthday to the Tweedles! I am glad that their celebrations went good. Bikes are a wonderful idea. difficult child wants a bike - last time he had one, it didn't get locked up and got stolen, problem is no where to really put it.

Have a wonderful celebration with wm.

Hugs

Christy