The Ups and Downs of the Hundred Acre Woods

JJJ

UP! So, the day started with a great IEP meeting for Tigger. We are all on the same page and it went very smoothly. Tigger will stay with his current class for next year and is on target for the class we want for jr high (he has to maintain his behaviors at his current appropriate levels).

DOWN! Found out that a child in my religious ed class lost his grandmother last night - this is the 2nd child in my class of 16 to lose a grandparent in two weeks :(

UP! Eeyore made a last minute decision to tryout for the track team with Piglet. His times placed him 2nd in the 100m and 3rd in the 400m out of close to 100 kids!! And he came home in a great mood, cleaned the living room and told me he was amazed at how great he felt after running! (something I've been trying to get him to recognize for years!!)

DOWN! Kanga (who had been inappropriate, rude and hung upon me on Saturday) called and was, once again, inappropriate and rude. I told her I was not taking her off campus at our next visit and she told me she'd let me know if she was going to refuse the visit because what was the point if I wasn't going to take her shopping?

So, basically status quo. :D

tiredmommy

I'm happy for the good news, sorry about your student's loss of his garandmother and am not really suprised about Kanga. {{{Hugs}}}

KTMom91

Way To Go Eeyore! Way To Go Tigger!

So sorry about the student losing his grandmother, and about Kanga's attitude.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I hope Eeyore sticks with his newfound activity! It's so great when kids can find something that makes them feel good physically and that they enjoy emotionally. easy child is a good runner, but it only interests her if she can win. Not quite what I was hoping for.

Like TM, not surprised about Kanga at all.

That's great news about Tigger's IEP team meeting. It's not often everyone's on the same page.

Too bad about the grandparents lately. I hope the kids are able to cope and good support during this time.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I don't mean to chuckle here triple J but this sounds so familiar. So is the visit off for Kanga? Being you're the parent & she cannot dictate the terms of visitation? What a relief to have a weekend off of all that driving.

Just curious.

JJJ

I don't mean to chuckle here triple J but this sounds so familiar. So is the visit off for Kanga? Being you're the parent & she cannot dictate the terms of visitation? What a relief to have a weekend off of all that driving.

Just curious.

Nope, visit is scheduled for next week so she'll likely change her mind a few times. She'll be given a chance to make a final decision the night before I am scheduled to visit.