The Weeble blew away the SEIT

nvts

For those of you who remember, I had the Weeble over 3 years ago...as time has marched on, she's required speech, Occupational Therapist (OT) and PT. The Dept. of Ed (after she aged out of Early Intervention) also gave her a Special Education Itinerant Teacher (SEIT) who comes to the house 3 days a week for a total of 5 hours a week. Most of her cases are very low functioning autistic children, so when she walked in and met the Weeble, she told me she had to really come up with some stuff to stimulate her because she's not accustomed to working with high functioning children.

A few months go by and the Weeble has started potty training. We're moving along with it slowly but surely. The SEIT brought flash cards to have her learn to better understand facial expressions. One by one, they're going through the cards.

Teacher: What are they feeling? What are they doing? for each card

Weeble: They're laughing so they're happy. They're crying so they're sad.

Low and behold up comes the angry card, which shows a guy clenching his fists, with a grimace on his face, his brows are knit - this guy is clearly angry!

Teacher: What is he doing? How is he feeling?

Weeble: He's pooping - and he hurts!

The teacher tried - she really did - but in the end she lost it and laughed so hard she was crying. Score 1 for the Weeble in being academically supreme!

Beth

InsaneCdn

Good for a laugh!
But... what next? I suppose the teacher is going to have to come up with a different card for "angry", because Weeble wasn't actually "wrong"...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OMG how utterly profound!

easy child doesn't know how Connor will react to potty training. He wants to sit on it now.........so he can sing his Potttty potty potty.....pottttty potty potty song. LOL We have not one clue where he came up with the song either. (imagine the potty part sung together really fast) I can just see him in a public restroom now and everyone cracking up when they hear him.

Gotta love little ones, never a dull moment. :)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Beth, that is just awesome!!

And from someone who is in her last trimester... Yep. Weeble's right!!!