There are nice people out there.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm waking from my nap after medications and hear a snow blower. I look out my front window and see a huge guy who is covered in snow. I mean absolutely COVERED. He is snow blowing my walk, driveway, and all. (corner house) I think it's the Georgia guy next door who just loves snow and his new snow blower toy. He LOVES his snow blower.

So he's busy blowing and I go next door with a beer, cig and $20 to give to the wife. I know what he likes. No answer from wife. She's not home.

I trudge back and still see him out there, in fact...he's still out there as I write.

I have NO idea who this is. All I see is two eye holes and a lot of snow completely covering this person. I finally call mother in law and ask if it's father in law...yep. It's my father in law!! I just tried to give this man a beer, a cig and $20. The man is 64. He just went to a funeral, yet he's out snow blowing. (still hear him)

Now I feel guilty.

So now I have about 5ft banks of snow. Took a few pics, but have to figure out how to get them out of my phone. Oh, geez.

Abbey

tiredmommy

How great! Our neighbor C asked husband to keep her snow thrower in our garage and do both driveways since her husband died last spring. husband ended up doing several driveways (with C's blessing) since we have several older people on our block.

klmno

That really is nice!! I think you are lucky the neighbor;'s wife wasn't home- she would have probably just thought that was a very thoughtful thing for you to do!!

F

flutterbee

Men and their toys.... :D

How nice of father in law!

I got Devon some good, warm gloves for Christmas. He's going to need them when he shovels since my neighbor passed :( .

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hmm...tried emailing it to myself but didn't work out that well. I just need to get the manual out and figure out how to download stuff to my computer. That will come in my next batch of energy.

Abbey