There but for the Grace of God...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/52797167.html

I don't know how many of you saw the news story about the 14 year old who shot his step-sister to death a few days ago...

This story gives me chills....his case sounds so similar to many of the the families here on the forum. This boy could be the son of any one of us. My heart goes out to the family...

And yet, I am OUTRAGED that this teen clearly had mental health issues and seems to have been failed by our mental-healthcare system. And now, one person is dead and this child is being charged as an adult for murder.

It's just not right...

--DaisyF

JJJ

(1) I'd bet that wasn't a "bad dream" but a psychotic episode.
(2) Who the heck has a rifle in their house with an angry, mentally ill teenager?????

He could easily be one of our difficult children but how many us allow our difficult children access to guns????

DammitJanet

That is horrible.

I have to admit that I read the comments and I got tickled over one of the comments.

"Check out ssristories.com stories of children, written by reporters commiting horrible acts of violence and suicide"

Yep...I know so many reporters committing horrible acts of violence and suicide!

susiestar

Roll With It
I have befun to get really ANGRY at the medical/legal system that rules us. In a time when record numbers of people cannot afford treatment and medications, schools are not providing services and/or are tormenting students, bullying is out of control in many schools, and after All of these failures happen? What happens to the mentally ill teens and adults?

They are put in jails. Many times teens are even charged as adults!!!

How can we expect any healing with all that going on?

everywoman

This is exactly why my difficult child can never live at home again. He still swears he was sleepingwalking when he attacked pcdaughter the morning after mother's day. We had a wonderful night as a family---We had gone out to eat and laughed more than we had laughed in years together. They had begun to rebuild their relationships from his attacks earlier in her life (at least 5 years). But, it was too scary for all of us---including difficult child.