There is no Dick Clark but the final count down is on.

startingfresh

You all have been through so much. Screaming in frustration for you and feeling your fear. I am struck by the kindness of Wyatt and his willingness to help. I pray this will work. I hope you can feel us rooting for E and for you. Please be kind to yourself, you are an amazing mom.

BloodiedButUnbowed

Every addict's bottom is different. Some wake up with minimal damage and suffering, and others don't see the truth even if they lose everything - including their health and their life. E is very accustomed to being enabled and manipulating others to keep on doing what he is doing, he is testing the limits the way a very young teenager would do. He may yet have further to fall. From what you say he is in a great deal of denial in addition to whatever withdrawal he may be experiencing. If he cannot meet expectations he may well go to prison. Be prepared for this possibility.

I hope he straightens up his act enough to at least enter rehab.

Big hugs.

Copabanana

Hi lbl.

Wow.

I think his behavior is entirely consistent with what has gone before. And I believe every single thing can serve him. Thanks to you.

You are never deserting him but holding his feet to the fire. Wow.

He needs to know this is no baby playpen deal and that his lifestyle equals a skid row life. Period. That mommy cannot and will not protect him from his choices. Better sooner than later. You are enforcing this reality.

Honestly. I do not know where this courage and strength and discernment under pressure comes from. Whether your life before or profession has prepared you for exactly this moment. But Joan of Arc has emerged in you. You are a marvel.

Crayola13

He needs to be in the hospital. Based on what you have described, I had the same virus/infection he has. Looking back now,, I needed to be admitted to the hospital, but I was too sick to stand or ride in a car. Even if my husband had driven me to the ER, I would have collapsed, so I figured why bother. Since your son is detoxing, and has the virus/infection on top of that, he is seriously ill. He could start going down hill very fast. I'm not trying to scare you, but he truly needs to be hospitalized. I know there are doctors and nurses at detox, but it sounds like he is not getting proper care.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
LBL

I truly believe that Wyatt is your angel. I am so glad that he is in the picture with all of you right now. I also have met some of the most wonderful people during this journey with our son - all former addicts. They are some of the best people I have ever met truly. They stay sober by helping others that are where they used to be and that is what he is doing for E right now.

We are all here supporting you. You are doing great.
:notalone::staystrong:

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Wow, what a wild ride. Your son is remarkably fortunate to have you on his side. I cannot imagine how hard yesterday was on you LBL......

I hope he makes the 5 days. You've shown such amazing love and commitment to your son's well being.

Sending you truckloads of hugs.....rest, nourish yourself....

Albatross

Oh LBL, what a roller coaster! I too hope he makes it the 5 days, because you sure have put your heart and soul and shoe leather and everything else into getting him to rehab. You so deserve a respite from all of this.

wisernow

wisernow
Wow . You have been through so much. Sometimes the universe sends us guardian angels and it sounds like his former drug friend is just that for you both. Your son will find his way...hard as this is on you. He has no idea right now how you so very very much love him...your strength in holding the boundaries is the greatest gift you can give him right now. You are strong, you are a warrior and you are fighting for your son's life. What a wonderful mom you are and one day he will thank you. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
E has a rehab bed still. They have approved his (all be it unconventional Detox plan). I am so grateful.

I am so sick with a miserable sore throat.
So I have never taken a boy in detox shopping. Wyatt was having a good laugh. I gave them a Walmart gift card and said shop within the budget. They did pretty good. At one point there was a lot of Juice in the cart. Wyatt explained that you get very thirsty when you Detox.

We talked a little more today and it is nice to get To know him. His story is the same as my sons. Even down to being an only child. He went through the same outpatient program and did the same thing used all the way through it. Waste of government funds.

Evan was edgy but in very good spirits. I wish he wasn’t so foul mouthed. We had some tense moments and we had some good moments. Urine is still positive for cocaine and THC. I am praying the cocaine is gone by tomorrow. The THC not going to be gone for a long time.

Copabanana

Lbl. Are there any conditions or contingencies to his rehab admission? I am asking if it is a sure thing? Thank God.

What a miracle is Wyatt. A role model in this very unique path. Please rest. How is your husband doing? How is E feeling? (I mean the cold....)

Littleboylost

E is very accustomed to being enabled and manipulating others to keep on doing what he is doing, he is testing the limits the way a very young teenager would do. He may yet have further to fall. From what you say he is in a great deal of denial in addition to whatever withdrawal he may be experiencing.

Yes indeed hope with no expectations is what is needed here and don’t we all know it.

'm not trying to scare you, but he truly needs to be hospitalized. I know there are doctors and nurses at detox, but it sounds like he is not getting proper care.

He was seen by a doctor yesterday in thebER and they said he would be just fine. And today he is very much improved. I think the Detox he was in was perhaps too militant for his juvenile brain to cope with.

E has a rehab bed still. They have approved his (all be it unconventional Detox plan). I am so grateful.

Lbl. Are there any conditions or contingencies to his rehab admission? I am asking if it is a sure thing? Thank God.

What a miracle is Wyatt. A role model in this very unique path. Please rest. How is your husband doing? How is E feeling? (I mean the cold....)

He is on the mend from the bad throat and chest. Mich better today.

There are conditions on his bed. He has to stay in his current Detox plan, have his urine checked every day and be clear of the cocaine by admission day. THC will take a lot longer.

They are also planning a comprehensive meet and greet for him to ly our the law of the program.

I too fear lack of compliance and prison. It will always be there.

Hop with no expectations.

Now I need to get over this horrid virus.

New Leaf

Take care LBL, I am home with strep. I just knew it was not my usual post nasal drip sore throat.
All of this is so stressful it’s a no wonder we can get physically ill.
Seems Wyatt continues to be E’s angel. Hope he keeps moving forward. Prayers going up.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy

Littleboylost

Take care LBL, I am home with strep. I just knew it was not my usual post nasal drip sore throat.
All of this is so stressful it’s a no wonder we can get physically ill.
Seems Wyatt continues to be E’s angel. Hope he keeps moving forward. Prayers going up.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy
Feel better soon Leafy. I have this terrible virus that had caused throat ulcers and was negative for strep so advise and popsicles to the rescue.

I am glad you are reatinf at hone. Step can be nasty if it does not get proper treatment.

Copabanana

Dear new leaf

I am only now seeing you are sick. I am sorry to hear this. Please rest and take care. And I hope you feel better soon.

ColleenB

I am so glad Wyatt has stepped up to help and support your son. I know when my sons friends stepped in to do the intervention with him back in the fall, and then followed through with his first few weeks of counselling appts and doctors appts, I was so grateful. I knew it meant more to him to have them help him as they did not have to, as parents we feel obligated and they know this. I truely think they feel worthless at that point and a friend helping gives them a sense that they aren’t.

I will forever be grateful for their support and I do think it was what made a difference this time. Our sons do not listen to what we say, we are their moms, but have very little influence at that point.

I am so praying for some smooth days until his admittance.

Hang in there...

susiestar

Roll With It
I have been out of the loop for a couple of days. So much has happened. First of all, LBL, your typing is wonderful for someone in so much stress. To think you are doing it on a tiny phone screen? I am in AWE of you and your fingers! We are here for your message, not to grade your spelling and grammar. So relax about it.

Wyatt sounds like a real gift at this point. E certainly couldn't stay at home. His behavior was becoming too volatile and unsafe for all concerned. Wyatt really seems to be looking out for E's best interests, which is nice to see, especially after POS girlfriend and her Cheap Offal Paper Mom fed him drugs and entitlement for so long.

Please don't take whatever ugly, nasty things that E says to you as what he really feels or means. What he told you reminded me of things that Wiz used to say to me. I used to tell him that if he was that angry with me, then I was doing it right. It maybe wasn't the most constructive things to say, but the constructive things never got me anywhere with Wiz. Telling him that I took his angry words as praise of my parenting really shocked Wiz. It shocked him into having a real talk for the first time in a long time. I am not saying that it magically made things great. It didn't. But the words didn't mean anything to Wiz when he spoke them. They were spoken out of anger and a desire to shock. I bet E was speaking out of those same desires.