There is now little doubt in my mind...

flutterby

Fly away!
that was is going on with my physical health is a direct result of years of unrelenting stress.

I've been having chest pain all day. Don't freak out. It's not heart attack pain. It's just stress.

I also have an increase in pain and weakness in my entire body.

I haven't had a day like today in a long time. Lack of sleep certainly contributed.

I'm taking klonopin and going to bed soon. Going to try to regroup tomorrow. Thursday, my mom is coming up and she, difficult child and I are going to Whole Foods. difficult child has been wanting to go there since she's really into organic foods and is a vegetarian, but I can't afford to shop there.

crazymama30

Sleep well. Stress hoovers. I have taken my klonopin and vistaril, and finally the edge is off. Stress causes more than we think.

flutterby

Fly away!
Oh, and Friday there is an Orchid thing (losing my words) at the Conservatory. I'm going with my mom, and difficult child if she wants to. I don't think it's her 'thing', though. She used to really like going to the Conservatory, though, so we shall see.

Thanks, ladies. In a weird way, it's reassuring (not the right word, but can't find it) to feel like I know the cause and am no longer on the diagnostic road to nowhere.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Stress is the underlying cause for a huge amount of the health issues that plague our country (obviously, difficult child stress is different than work pressures stress, etc....but its stress, all the same). Time will tell how society choses to deal with it. Right now, it seems they just want everyone to take another pill instead of resolving the underlying issue first.

I'm sorry its taking its toll on you, tho. Hugs.

julie

Hi Heather, just wanted to let u know I am thinking of you and hoping you get some good sleep. Stress effects me physcially terribley.I was just put on cymbalta.I loose weight fast cause I can't hold anything down, my essential tremor gets worse, my eyelashes fall out.Among other things. It is almost like I go into fight or flight. It is a terrible feeling. So I so hope you get some relief soon. One day of recharging your battery can help. So try to relax your mind and clear all the worries even if it is for an hour. Take Care. Julie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Stress is killer at times. I promise not to freak out at your chest pains if you promise to go to the ER should they not go away or get worse. :tongue: Cuz just for the record, lovely 'ol stress has brought about many a heart attack.

Hugs

flutterby

Fly away!
My heart attack did not include chest pain, so :tongue:.

It's better today, but I also slept on and off all day. It kicked my fatigue into high gear.