These darn cats!

KTMom91

The last two days, I swear there's been something in the air that causes feline insanity. I have cats fighting, flying through the house, leaping from the tops of doors, clearing off the tops of bookcases and tables...and last night, we found a previously unopened package of catnip flavor cat treats that was torn open, and of course, was empty.

I got up this morning to a crash from the kitchen to find a bowl of popcorn (thanks, Hubby) all over the floor, with cats snacking on it having a fine time. I shoo them out, sweep it up, leave the room, and CRASH! they knocked the trash can over for more popcorn. Sweep again, this time waving the broom at any cat who dared to get too close.

Cobra, the ranking senior cat, then finds the stash of treats on a bookcase, and contorts himself to grab another bag. I take the bags from him and put them in the cupboard. He tries to get to the cupboard, knocking over the popcorn popper with his efforts. I sweep up more popcorn.

Right now Cobra is sitting on the end table staring at me. I wonder what he's planning next. I'll probably have to sweep it up, whatever it is. I've only been up for about an hour...this could be a very long day.

crazymama30

Our cats have been bonkers too. difficult child dtrs cat decided he needs to walk on the counters when he wants fed! Shoo him off, up he goes. Then he was trying to eat my food off my plate when I was on the couch! Other cats were wrestling outside. I think here it is that the sun is out after so much rain, and they do not know what to do with themselves!

donna723

They're probably all high on catnip! It sounds like a bad case of feline substance abuse to me! I have a bunch of cats outside, none inside though. It's almost as bad with dogs though. People wonder why I have to keep my garbage can on top of the dryer ... it's because Ms. Ragan is such a butter freak that she will turn the can over and rummage through it looking for butter wrappers that she can lick! And she doesn't even have the decency to act guilty about it! She's more like, "Yeah, I did it! So what?"

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Hmmm....I'm the lucky one, I guess. I just got back last night from two days in a hotel due to a plumbing catastrophe that required the water to the mobile home being turned off.

I came back to walk Gryphon and feed the guys in the AMs and PMs, but Jake has been glued to my lap or on the bed snoring/purring away ever since.

Of course, the weather is rotten: cold and damp and that might have something to do with it.

Jake is also one of those cats who lost the genetic lottery and doesn't respond to catnip. He also doesn't eat people food.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Bruce could care less for both catnip and people food. I thank my lucky stars for this. lol

Although a tuna can will make him go all doe eyed and meow me to death........so I've taken to letting him have what's left in the can.

He's been acting odd too. I'm being stalked and "hunted". He's finding out that once was cute.......now momma doesn't like it.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
My two have been sleeping with me and/or stalking me. Guess cause I smell like a hospital and have been sleeping all day.