They are home :)

Nancy

Wahoo I just saw this PG. What a great opportunity, it's a real adult job, and with benefits I assume. I am thrilled for her.

PatriotsGirl

Thank you everyone!

She is on a temp to perm basis - it is one of those factories where they hire through the staffing agency. The staffing agency is on site. Real job, Monday through Friday, making 10 per hour 40 hours a week (there is overtime available, too). Once she is hired on, she will get a full benefits package. :) She did great on her first day and the agency said if she keeps that up, they are definitely going to want to hire her! She really has an amazing work ethic when she is off drugs. The job is tiring - she is on her feet all day and she was exhausted when she got home but I think that is a good thing. She did say that her day went by super fast there. She told me she watched someone get let go yesterday because she wasn't making her numbers. That worried her but I told her she just needs to make sure that she does what is required.

She felt absolutely terrible calling and quitting McDonald's, though. Wednesday was her day off from McDonald's and she was supposed to go back to work there this morning. But she had to start right away at the factory or she would lose that opportunity. So she had to call and break the news to McDonald's yesterday. They were upset. They really liked her and were already talking about making her a manager in the week that she was there. They need help badly and they were thrilled with her. So she felt SO guilty afterwards. I felt sad for her but I told her she needs to do what is best for her and her son. With this job she will be able to afford daycare with no problem.

She loves her Celebrate Recovery meetings on Mondays and we are looking forward to this weekend. She worked all weekend last weekend but now she doesn't work weekends anymore. :) We are going to take Connor to see Santa!

So I am EXTREMELY proud of her!!! She is doing so great being a grown up and a good mommy... <3

AppleCori

Wow, PG, this is so great!

I am amazed!

It is telling that she feels bad about disappointing McDonalds. That shows what a caring, responsible person she is. Of course they are disappointed; they know a quality person when they see one.

And she called to tell them she can't take the job, even though it was hard. That demonstrates that she has a lot of maturity and character. Also, no bridges burned.

Getting her foot in the door is the hardest part, when she has the shoplifting charges on her record. Still, she persevered, not giving up. One door closed, another opened. From now on, she will be judged on her performance, not her past.

This is the land of second chances. There are opportunities out there. Life is what you make of it, and she is determined to make the best one she can, for her and her son.

When things get tough, remind her how special she is. How strong she is. How she has weathered many storms and not given up, and this will be no different. Life isn't suppose to be easy. (Wish is was, but it's not!) But she will persevere and get through it. She is strong, smart, and capable. She can do it.

This has gotten my adult kids through many difficult times in their lives. No coddling.

Anyway, I am so glad for you all.

Please keep us updated!

Apple