They are home :)

PatriotsGirl

I picked them up on Sunday morning. :) We went to Goodwill later that afternoon looking for a dresser and left with an interview set up! We just happened to ask the Assistant Manager (not knowing she was the AM) if they were still hiring and she ran with it telling M exactly what to do online and then told her as soon as she was done to call her to arrange the interview. She filled out the application in the car, called immediately and she had her come in yesterday morning for an interview. She walked into the interview and the woman told her she was hired!! BUT they are running a background check. M has shoplifting on her record from when she was 18/19. :( So, the Assistant Manager told M that she, too, has things from her past that she regrets but it would be up to Corporate now. M was disappointed and feels sad that the dumb things she did in her addiction will follow her (we always warned her of that...). The AM called M shortly after we got back home and said they were going forward with the hiring process - she said if there was a problem, she would call her to let her know. Otherwise, she will call her when it is time to come in for work. So PLEASE say a prayer, rattle beads, what ever you can do that they will give her a shot. Getting a job so quickly would really be a huge boost for her. It is full time and paying a little more than she was making at McDonald's..

Last night we went to our first Celebrate Recovery meeting near the house. She loved it!! She met some ladies that came in from another rehab. I went to my first family support meeting and it was great. When I came out of my group meeting, M was with the circle of women from the other rehab just chatting away. It was nice to see her involved and not sitting by herself. She says she definitely wants to keep going back and get more involved. :)

So all really great things - hopefully! Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving week! I hear the pitter patter of little feet coming down the stairs now... <3

New Leaf

That is wonderful news PG thanks so much for sharing. I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. And the Patriots won again, too-10-0 Whoopee! :biggrin:
leafy

ksm

What a great Thanksgiving you will have this year? So much to give thanks for! I hope this is the first of many steps in the right duration! KSM

PatriotsGirl

Things are going really well! She did not get the job at Goodwill because of her background. :( So that part is driving her crazy. She has found while at the ministry that she loves to work. So not having a job is getting to her. She ordered a laptop on Black Friday and it should be here tomorrow. Once she gets that she can apply to every job under the sun. She applied in person at a chicken plant this week and will be going to a job fair on Saturday for an electronics plant. I take it as a VERY good sign that she wants to work so badly. We did find out that in a couple of years she can petition the court to have her record wiped since her offenses were before the age of 21.

We have been really enjoying Celebrate Recovery on Monday evenings!

Last night we went to our "home" church and I realized how much I truly missed it. We had been going to other churches close to home because our home church is a half hour drive, but last night I realized that I will make the drive because nothing compares.

She has been working with Connor on potty training and he is doing really good. :) I LOVE having that little man running around the house again.

So hopefully she finds a job quickly but things are still really good here. Thanks for asking!

Nancy

Thanks for the update PG. Sounds very encouraging. It's so hard for them to find employment with a background. Our daughter was so fortunate that she was able to get everything expunged. She realize now how important that was. I hope something comes along soon.

PatriotsGirl

Actually, a couple of things happened since this post lol. I got my children new phones for Christmas - we are doing the four items for Christmas this year - something you want, something you need, something to wear and something to read. :)

When hubby and I went to get their phones we were talking to the man helping us and mentioned that our daughter was home from rehab and then it turned into a longer conversation. We were talking about the McDonald's that she was working at and how they hire all girls from the ministry and he mentioned that as a second job he also works at a McDonald's that does the same thing. I thought that was awesome. Well, something funky happened with M's phone that was an issue with the phone itself so I brought her there to return it and get another. That same man helped her, remembered us and asked if she found a job yet. She said, no sir but I am trying. Well he is hooking her up with the McDonald's that he works at! She has an interview today!

THEN, she got a call from a pizza place the next day and she has an interview there today at 11am! :)

Saturday she went to a job fair at an electronics plant and she REALLY wants that job. She was honest with them about her arrest record and one woman said it should not affect her and another said it will need to go through corporate (like Goodwill said). So she is praying hard and hoping that they will give her a chance. BUT she is perfectly willing to take any job right now.

I swear the greatest thing is listening to her talk to people now. She ALWAYS says ma'am and sir, is ultra polite and tells everyone to have a great day. SUCH a change from the way she used to be.

New Leaf

I am so very glad for you and your daughter, and grand, PG.
It is such good, good news.

I will not lose hope. I will stay the course, and keep the faith.

Thank you so much for sharing.
(((HUGS)))
leafy

PatriotsGirl

Both places offered her the job!!

She chose McDonald's. They are starting her off with more per hour and the hours are more conducive for her schedule.

So orientation is on Wednesday!

(She is still hoping to hear back from electronics plant, though...)

stressedmama

PG I am so happy for all of you! So happy for M to get a job and Connor to be back with you all together...it takes a village to raise a child! I'm sure Christmas will be quite exciting in your home this year!

toughlovin

PG I cant tell you how happy this makes me. It really gives me hope for my son... I remember the horrible times you went through and to see where she is now is just awesome. Thanks for keeping us updated.

PatriotsGirl

Oh my goodness!! It keeps getting better - the electronics plant just called her to come to orientation tomorrow evening!! They don't have the final okay and they don't have the background check back yet but they want to get the ball rolling so if it is okay, she can start work sooner rather than later. She also has orientation for McDonald's tomorrow morning (which of course she is still going to in order to still have a job no matter what). So very busy day for miss M tomorrow but she is SO excited!! Please keep your fingers crossed for her that she does get the okay for the electronics facility - that one starts at 10 an hour versus the 7.80 that McDonald's is going to give her...

PatriotsGirl

She got it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now she has to quit her job at McDonald's and she feels absolutely terrible about it but we are talking a difference of a minimum $88.00 a week - plus overtime! She is so thrilled but feels so bad at the same time. She really liked her boss at McDonald's...but oh my gosh - this is so awesome for her!!! Tomorrow was her day off at McDonald's and she is starting her new job in the morning. So much for the day off but it is worth it. :)