They gave him a wrinkly teacher

JJJ

Tigger is doing great at school - two days now with all smile stickers, behavior awards and is actually doing his work :) :) :)

Tigger says he likes school except they gave him a wrinkly teacher (the aide is in her mid-60s-ish). I told him that he loves his grandparents and they're wrinkly. He says he can only love wrinkly people in his family LOL.

I'm very happy with the aide - 8 years experience in an ED room and thinks restraints are bad and good staff get control of a situation long before it spirals that far out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like her wrinkly and all :rofl:

Andy

Oh for funny! I hope he can look past the wrinkles soon. It is funny what kids choose to focus on. Shows they really are people just like everyone else.

LittleDudesMom

Tigger says he likes school except they gave him a wrinkly teacher (the aide is in her mid-60s-ish). I told him that he loves his grandparents and they're wrinkly. He says he can only love wrinkly people in his family LOL.

:rofl: Oh, that is just too cute :rofl:

Sharon

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Out of the mouths of babes! That's cute.

(Now, can your aid call our aids and tell them that "stop it before it starts" secret...?)

klmno

I told him that he loves his grandparents and they're wrinkly.

How are you going to handle it when the grands tell you Tigger told them you said this? LOL!! I'm glad to hear he's starting out on such a good foot. It's amazing how this can get a kid such a good rapport that helps them the entire school year.

JJJ

How are you going to handle it when the grands tell you Tigger told them you said this? LOL!!

Oh, I told the grands myself. They've all taught, most have some Special Education experience too. They thought is was so cute LOL.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Out of the mouth of babes! :rofl: Love it!! So glad she sounds like a good one though!

Tell him the wrinkles are from laughing and smiling a lot. It means she isnt a mean aide.

Sounds true in this case but don't bet on that Janet!!! LOL I had a wrinkly teacher when I was in the first grade but it wasn't from laughing or smiling, I can tell you that much. The woman was mean and a prune. I had to potty quite often when I was little and she got very upset by it. I don't know how many times I wet/soiled myself because I was too terrified to ask to use the restroom. I never understood why people like that decided to work with small children.

JJJ

Two x's on his chart today, but what impressed me is that they were in the middle of the day and the rest of the day was all stickers -- so that means he took a consequence at school and fixed the problem (play yelling with the other student) and then continued with his good day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means the staff really, truly is allowing him to recover from a misstep :happy dance: