they lost my time card, no money, send good vibes they will fix this one...

buddy

Checked my account this morn and I have 12 dollars, and a twenty at home. My paycheck did not go in and this one is for rent. They have some time to fix it so I hope they can soon. I have the fax confirmation sheet so no problem there. They have lost and then found some things I have faxed before so I hope they can find this.

Just really need them to fix it. It still means I only have 32 dollars until Feb 3 because all of my check goes to rent plus Q's adoption assistance. And actually there is a bill at the end of the month that will come thru for car insurance so guess that one is gonna be late. I usually do a pay advance but since I had done it so much I got cut off for month. sigh.

It is so out of my control that I am not even anxious. Pretty sad I am getting used to this. Oh wow, I need gas for Q to go to hb riding. Ok no driving until Sat. I have enough to cover if I stay at home till then. I know lots of you out there can relate. It really gets old.

Jody

Buddy,

I am in the same boat, except I get paid on the 31st and then it's rent too. This morning I couldn't get to work, no gas in the car. It's cold here too, so I worried about the tank freezing. My landlady gave me 20.00, till payday. How embarrassing. 45 years old and not enough money to keep gas in the car. I paid too many things this last check just wanting to get some things paid and I really put myself in a bind. I am getting more used to being broke though, normally I wouldn't have been able to sleep, but I slept like a baby last night. Nothing I could do. I need another job but health wise it's not wise so I will get by till it gets better. Hang in there. I always try to remember it could be worse, no car to drive when I have gas, no food, no roof. It'll get better. Hopefully they can figure out how they are losing important time sheets.

buddy

Thanks guys... it does help to hear others surviving. And yes, i always think of all those folks in Haiti who have lived in muddy tents since the earth quake.. it could definately be worse.

SO, they aked for copies of the confirmation fax and the time card, they got them and are cutting a check and mailing it to me! YIPEE!!!

Thanks for the postive thoughts, I appreciate it. Now to be very very thrifty until the NEXT month, there is an extra paycheck and that fills in the blanks for the next six months... amazing what a 150 a month--the extra check spread out over several months.... can do to help out....

DDD

been there done that when I was a single Mom. Things aren't rosy now but I vividly recall the stress of being an inch from flat broke with a family to support. Hope it comes thru pronto or, at least, the fax will provide proof to the landlord that you are telling the truth. Many hugs. DDD

Jody

Yeah, Buddy glad that worked out so quickly!!! I had to go run an errand and when I did my window on the drivers side fell inside my car, I can't roll it back up, it's all they way down and a snow storm and sleet are on its way. When it rains it pours. One of my friends suggested that I take it to the shop by my house. Um, I though good idea, I just never would have thought of that myself. Won't they want paid for work they would do on my car?? My car is going to have one of those sheets of plastic up to it.

buddy

OH lordy, my son has banged on the windows so many times that I actually have my fairly decent, and paid for I might add, car window DUCT TAPED... I call it my white trash car.... I do have the window there but it sinks down without the tape and I can't fix it... I picked transparent tape though, not the silver/grey stuff, LOL!

Jody

Oh my gosh, my car is white too. lol. I am at work and they have that clear adhesive kind, I'll use that and I guess a garbage bag to get home, then put some clear plastic up. Wish it weren't my drivers side though. My window is down there and I can't pull it up, so just plastic for me. OMG, I can't let it get to me or I'll have a fibro flare. Maybe i will go out there and it will just roll up miraculously.

Malika

Just to state the bleedin' obvious, buddy, if things get really hairy, is there someone you are comfortable asking a loan from until the situation sorts itself out? I ask this as one practised in asking for short-term loans from friends until a cheque arrives from a publisher... Not easy to do, which is further proof of Steely's quote about "help me" being very difficult to say.

H

HaoZi

It might roll up once the car is warmed enough. I've had that problem and between warming and tugging finally got it moving again. Dad had a car that would stick during rain but worked perfectly if he took it to be worked on, go figure. Soon as he took it in OR it stopped raining the window was fine.

InsaneCdn

Just to state the bleedin' obvious, buddy, if things get really hairy, is there someone you are comfortable asking a loan from until the situation sorts itself out? I ask this as one practised in asking for short-term loans from friends until a cheque arrives from a publisher... Not easy to do, which is further proof of Steely's quote about "help me" being very difficult to say.

Well... she could ask you, but... I don't think any of us around here trust Western Union any more...

S

Signorina

Having a cr@ppy day myself - here's to better days ahead. {{{hugs}}} to all

buddy

I do...it is very hard for them too, they can't do loans. But my dad/step mom can do a check exchange and if I needed it for a few days they would take a check and let me have the funds for a few days. I can't ask for money for a loan though. But I have some groceries, just need milk and bread so we should be fine until the next check. Not fun but fine.

And western union, yeah... I think not.

sig, hope your day improves... I'll send the extra unused board juju

donna723

OMG! been there done that! With my last car, I was driving home from work one cold, nasty day and all of a sudden the window just slid down inside the door panel! That turned in to one very breezy drive home! There's a little track that the glass sits on down in there and it had broken. I called my son and he was able to take the door panel off and get the glass back up but of course it wouldn't stay up because the piece that holds it up was broken. I got a big roll of clear packing tape and ended up with at least 20 thicknesses of tape holding the window up. That glass is HEAVY! I got used to the tape and just never had the money to have the window fixed. A little while later a deer ran out in front of the car and it was totaled ... both the car and the deer!

So I got another car, a used one, and it wasn't long before the crummy little plastic door handle broke on the inside driver's side! That means I couldn't get out of the car! To get out, I have to roll the window down and use the outside door handle. It's been that way for at least two years now. It would probably cost a bundle to have it replaced and I've gotten so used to rolling the window down that if I ever got a new car, I'd probably still be rolling down the window to get out!

When the window broke in my son's little old car, he went to a salvage yard and just bought a whole new door for it! That would have been cheaper than having the window repaired! He offered to look for another door for mine but I've gotten so used to rolling the window down to get out, I don't even think about it now. And call me a snob, but I prefer that all my doors be the same color as the rest of the car!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Story of my life buddy. I think if I ever in my life had money I could just do what I wanted........without worrying if there would be enough for bills yadda yadda.......I'd not know what to do with myself. lol

buddy

Said it before, will say it again, you guys are the best...just needed a little "I can relate" vibe today...didn't really realize it until it came so thanks.