"They Love Me" or "How To Make Kids Smile"...

tiredmommy

It's pretty warm here today and our schools aren't air conditioned. So I brought a bunch of freezie pops to school today and gave them out to the three multiage classes and the kindergarten class in her wing while the had recess on the playground.

I am the most loved mom at the school today. :)

susiestar

Roll With It
You are a great mom! I cannot imagine getting anything done in an un-airconditioned school. It is just too hot here.

You are an AMAZING mom!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
We also don't have ac and a mom in my room brought in popsicles today!! She brought enough for us to have more tomorrow! You rock TM!!!

tiredmommy

Thanks everyone! I got two 100 count boxes of Pop Ice for $3.56 each at Walmart... that's a lot of summer fun for a very low price. I have 25 leftover in the freezer. I'll bring in the other box on Thursday when we add humidity to our heat. I don't know why more parents don't think to do this for the kids... it's a lot of fun!

One boy especially impressed me (he's a major difficult child with beaucoup behavior problems). I was kind to him the other day while working after the art teacher, in my humble opinion, was really snarky with him. So he gets his freezie pop and starts to run off to play but stops dead in his tracks and comes back to me: "Thank you very much for the popsicle, Mrs. TM." Duckie was standing there with me and just said "Wow!" at that. :)