"They'll take you away" and I lost it...

Katz314

You know, M's summer school program used to do this to me. I'd get to the school, and they'd race up to me to tell me what BS stuff he had pulled that day. That way I was sure to be good and PO'd at him the moment I got him into the car and we'd have a fight. Every stinking day.

In hindsight, I should have directed those people to make a list or set aside a time to talk privately with me without getting me all riled up and mad at him for something he didn't do to me. They need to deal with it or tell us he can't go there.

Good idea sometimes they just are full of it. Collecting a bunch of stuff to get you riled. The way they behaved it makes me think they do not like your kid and want you not to like him either. The martial arts folks did this sort of thing to me as an adult made my parents jump on me so I quit martial arts and told the director what she could do with my black belt I'm afraid she didn't take it very well. :)

They were threatening to throw me out so I just left and they hassled me about coming back afterwards as if they'd forgotten that they'd threatened me and set my parents on me like you described so I decided to take care of the problem they had with me perminantly by ditching the martial artists. I figure they just wanted money and none of it was real the encouragement or the stuff they preached so I threw it out. Why pay to be frustrated or verbally abused it makes no sense? People get upset and want to make other's lives difficult because they can and it's human nature. You made some mistakes everyone has on this earth. I'm glad you have enough courage to admit it yet that happened then this is now and you have to find the strength to meet the coming challenges rather than worry about might have beens or should have beens. What matters is you learned from it and took responsibility for your problems. That takes more courage than most people I've met have. Remember hope and keep the faith.

BusynMember

Shari, I would fight for those services at school (that's where my son got his services). It wasn't fun, but we got them...finally. If you child even has spectrum symptoms, they can work like magic.
It took us until son was 11 to get the diagnosis. Once he had it, his life changed. And so did ours. Good luck and keep on truckin.' That next professional you see could be a real winner. Sadly, there are many professionals who don't help our kids, usually because they don't have a clue what they are dealing with. You can't treat strep throat, for example, unless it's really strep throat. It sounds like this bunch don't know what's going on.
Move head and try somebody else (neuropsychologist).
Good luck!

Christy

((((hugs))))) I'm sorry you are faced with this. I have been there and it is so hard. I hope one of the doctors suggestions proves helpful.

Good Luck
Christy

TerryJ2

Thorazine? Do they still use that nowdays? I thought it went out in the Valium days. I've only known a cpl people on it and it turned them into zombies. They drag their feet and stare into space. It's called The Thorazine Shuffle.
I don't even like the sound of it.
Has anyone here used it successfully?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Thorazine was low on her list, but on it, nonetheless.

And yet, we are refused entry into additional behavior therapies. I just don't get it.