Things are looking up for us. . . Finally!

Sharon1974

I went to court for my divorce trial and my husband decided he wanted to settle (after reading the parenting evaluation and realizing there was no way he was going to win). He took all the marital debt and I am keeping custody of the kids. He also will not be resuming visitation with JK until he (my ex) gets support councelling to better deal with JK. Things could not have gone better!

We also are going to be moving - once again. This time to our own house!!!! Hopefully this will take place in the next 2 to 3 weeks. We are just waiting for all the paperwork to be completed.

JK is doing very well in his partial hospitalization program. He is going pretty well at school - teacher really likes him, says he is very intelligent, however quite fidgity. This is to be expected considering he has ADHD and can not take a stimulant. She works very well with him.

Now we are going to have to change schools. This is the only thing I am dreading. JK will be going from a class of 10 students to one of 18 in a much larger school. Hopefully things will go well. I am going to try to get to know some of the neighbors where we are moving to ahead of time and try to get him to meet some kids his age so he will feel more familiar (it is only 15 minutes from where we currently are). Hopefully this will help.

Just wanted to drop in and let you all know what was going on in my life. The divorce should be finalized next week!!!!!

Yay, Sharon!

We love updates like that. By the way, what is your secret? No, seriously? Come on, sister...give!!

How did you get the X to assume the debt, give you custody, AND not bother the child until getting counseling?

Inquiring minds want to know...

TerryJ2

Congratulations, Sharon! Thanks for the great update. Wow, finally, huh?
Good luck with-the final papers, changing schools, and moving. You've got a lot on your plate but it's all good.

Sharon1974

Thanks for taking the time to share my joy!

After DEX read the parenting evaluation he was terrified to go to trial. I agreed to settle if we followed the recommendations in the evaluation and he agreed to assume all the marital debt. He agreed probably because he was afraid he would have to pay my five thousand in legal fees if we went to trial. Five thousand was a small price to pay (even though I am dirt poor) for my peace of mind.

I have slept better this past week than I have in years!

Hopefully, he will stop calling Children and Youth for no reason and stop taking JK to the psychiatric ER when he comes to visit. If he continues this, he risks losing his visitation alltogether.