Things are looking up

katya02

Solace
So far, so good ... difficult child has started his new job (6 am - 2:30 pm full time) and his main issue is that he's afraid he won't learn fast enough for them to keep him. Seems as if he's internalized a few things. Such as, it's quite possible for him to be the one the company decides to let go. And, he needs this job desperately for the health insurance benefits it'll provide if he makes it past the 90 day probation. For the first time in years he's sweating something. I just hope he doesn't stress himself out so that learning is harder - he's learning routines on computer-controlled machines that measure specs and tolerances on sample products. He was very embarrassed yesterday when the supervisor had to run through a particular routine with him three times. On the other hand, when they hired him they told him it would take a year to get comfortable and independent on the machines, so I don't think they're going to demand perfection on the second day of work. But at least he cares!!

I've scoured his room, taken it apart top to bottom and there's nothing hidden. I haven't found any more unexplained aerosols either. And he seems to be accepting the info from the treatment program; he actually talks about the sessions on the way home now. At first he came out of them angry and had a huge blow-up by the time we got home. So I think there's progress. Now I have to not get too invested in his success, because it's not a slam dunk. Trying to detach, but having trouble squashing the hope ...

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad that he got the job and is working hard to learn what he needs. I hope that he understands and is able to do what he needs to do.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds like difficult child is really beginning to make some progress. Caring about the job is a big thing. Wanting to do it well is another. Awesome. I hope he continues. :D

As for hope......it springs eternal. We just have to be very careful not to be blindsighted by it.

Great update.

Hugs

trinityroyal

Katya, this is a great update.
Glad to hear that difficult child is getting something from rehab, and that he cares about his job.

As for the hope, your mommy heart can't squash that. Enjoy it for all it's worth. Just try to temper it, so that you're not blindsided by any backsliding. It's a journey. It's great that your difficult child's feet are pointing in the right direction on his path.

Thinking good and positive thoughts that he continues down this road.

Trinity