Things aren't good.

I'm so so sorry- Do you want some company? PM me if you do. (((HUGS to everyone))) Sometimes at the end, the person is so sick that the kids would be upset seeing the person like that. Maybe that's their line of thinking. Or they are so upset themselves they don't want the kids to see them upset like that.

H

HaoZi

My Ex's family is one those get everyone down here for good-byes kind of families. Even the great-grands, whenever possible. It's not something we've able been able to do, and I feel bad about it.
Anyway, *HUGS* to you and yours Loth.

Lothlorien

husband is home. She's still hanging in. My sister in law is on her way home from CO tonight..
Her extremities were turning blue yesterday, but husband says they've pinked back up this morning. husband talked to his father about mom's wishes. Just taking it day to day at this point. We'll see how things go today. I've been praying that she gets better, but if it's her time that she can hold out til my sister in law comes home and then God takes her quickly and peacefully. husband will spend the night there again tonight. If she's hanging in there until tomorrow, I will go out there tomorrow, while the kids are in school. I will ask Missy and Mighty tonight, after the day progresses, if they want to see her that way.

DammitJanet

Cory took it very hard when we went up to my Dad. Im glad he went but it was very very hard on him. I really am glad Keyana doesnt have that memory. I do have a couple of pictures of me and him but Im not sure I am going to show her for a long time. Its hard for me to look at them. Heck, she had a hard time looking at the last picture of her and him from last summer when I gave it to her after I told her he had died.

Lothlorien

That's why I'm leary about taking the kids up there. I will never forget seeing my grandmother at her wake and how swollen she was. It didn't look like her at all. I hated seeing my other grandmother after her last major stroke. She couldn't talk, just look at you and try to say something. It was horrible. mother in law cooked dinner for us last Sunday (she insisted and it was the first time she cooked in MONTHS). I'd rather have my kids have that memory than their last memory of her seeing her hooked up to every tube and bag known to man with alarms and bells going off constantly.

I told the kids last night that she was not doing well. I told them daddy wanted to spend the night with her and didn't want to leave her alone. They were both a bit sad, but didn't go any further.

M

ML

I'm really sorry. I send out prayers for your family, that the love you have for one another sustains you through this difficult time. Hugs,

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'd rather have my kids have that memory than their last memory of her seeing her hooked up to every tube and bag known to man with alarms and bells going off constantly.

I agree -- I had a similar experience with my own grandmother, and I was in my early 20s! But as an adult, it was easier to recall the happier memories to counterbalance the sorrow. I think with younger kids and teens, not so much.

(((((Hugs))))) It's never easy.

Lothlorien

Well, I just remembered there's no school tomorrow. I won't be able to go out there tomorrow after all, unless someone takes the kids for me. ah well.

DammitJanet

yeah...if she is in the hospital itself with all the machines, that could be scary for the kids. I know when I was in the hospital, Keyana wouldnt even come in the room because it scared her so badly. Of course, she was just 2 and a half. They tried to bring her into my room but she saw me in the bed and she started crying and they took her out.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Is there a neighbor or friends of theirs you can leave them with for the day? I would bet people would be willing to help you out with this, especially if they understand the circumstances. Sounds like it would be good for you to go... try to makes some phone calls today to see what you can line up for tomorrow!

Lothlorien

Family meeting tomorrow. She has improved again. They tried to wake her up today and took her off those medications. She did not. father in law is still optimistic and docs are somewhat optimistic, but again...day by day. Though other things have improved, kidneys are having trouble and some blockage in her stomach is causing some trouble too.