Things I'm liking about WW so far

tiredmommy

After six days:

I like Moroccan Chicken with Lentils

I like that I'm not as bloated and have lost 3" off my waist

I like Sweet'n'Sour Shrimp

I like that I've lost 1.5" off my hips

I like Toasted Pita Wedges

I like that I've lost some weight already (not sure how much)

I also like Skim Milk blended with a Frozen Banana

trinityroyal

TM, I'm so glad that you're finding so much to like about WW. I've never followed that program myself, but I've heard such positive things from so many people. It's good that your experience so far is fitting in with the trend.

And 3 inches off your waist! What a great kick-start, and an inspiration to stay with healthy choices.

Trinity

KTMom91

Just weighed in...and I'm down nearly 4 pounds. Even with Easter goodies and PMS water weight. Woo hoo!

Jody

I seriously need to lose some weight!!! Is it hard with weight watchers??? I have heard a little about it, but not a lot. I want to stop emotionally eating and eat for nourishment. Sounds nice but it's hard. I really do want to lose though and eat better, maybe I will try it. Does anyone like Weight Watchers better than other programs. What is a toasted pita wedge. What do you put in it?

tiredmommy

Jody- You get whatever you put into, just like anything. I've never used a formal weight loss program before this so I can't really compare. I can, however, tell you that my commitment is paying off: I've lost 8.2 lbs in 4 weeks, lost over 3 inches off my waist and my clothes are definitely getting bigger. Some people don't go to meetings but I am because I feel it makes me feel for accountable for my health. Pita chips are easy to make, here's the directions:

You'll need :
3 (6 inch) pitas
butter-flavored cooking spray
cinnamon
no more than 2 tsp of turbinado (raw) sugar

Pre-heat oven to 400F

Split pitas in half horizontally (I use scissors). Cut each half into 8 wedges. Arrange wedges, rough sides up, on a baking sheet and generously coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 400F for 6 to 7 minutes or until crisp and golden. Yield: 6 servings of 8 wedges each.

Total weight watchers points per serving: 1

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG the WW chicken FLAT BREAD is OUT OF THIS WORLD.....nom nom nom.......and I just had the mini pizza bites.

I'm down 113 lbs......and yesterday got in the closet and got the belt out I was wearing last year????? I can literally put it from top to bottom without touching ------from 52" waist to a 37 " waist. YEAH.....my new way of life agrees with me. Mom just asked for a picture of me in the same outfit I had on in September and the skirt is so big I had to hold it up.....so yeah---this is alright.

Star*

call 911........call 911
TM and KT Mom -

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT IS AWESOME WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!!! KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK!!!!!!

tiredmommy

Congrats, Star! Do you realize you have lost more than the typical supermodel weighs? Too cool! I'm aiming to lose about 25% of my staring weight. :)