Things that annoy us......Don't be shy....it's a FIRST DAY OF SPRING - FLING

Star*

call 911........call 911
Wipes open hand across smirked face - DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNnnnnnnnnn hnr......then busts into a David Cassidy song..........

I THINK I LOVE YOU...do do dooooooot do do do dooooooo doooooo.......lala olah lah lah lah lhaaaaaaaalhaaaa.........I mean I get it except for the seaweed around my ankles and the empty bottle of wine on a Saturday night.......

When asked if I was a "Prepper" recently I said "Does a fully stocked wine cellar count?" Because if the radiation gets down here? I think we're all screwed. I plan to go out rather pickled. Know what I mean?? At that point I'm not sure the seaweed would bother me. The vomiting might....but I'll have to drink a little more and get back to you.

Calamity - YOU tell me what to write about - and I'll write something.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
- People who go overboard on "personal space" while waiting in line, especially in small take-out restaurants. It's not necessary to leave 6 feet between you and the person ordering in front of you. Especially if the line behind you stretches around the room/out the door during a busy weekday lunchtime. 2 feet is an acceptable waiting zone between you and the ordering person, in my opinion. Drives me bonkers. Move the heck up already.

- The cable company customer service person insisting I unplug my modem, wait 30 seconds, reboot my computer, plug modem back in, etc. etc. etc., despite my telling them I did that twice before I bothered to call them. They seem to be unable to vary from their script. Luckily I haven't had to make that call in awhile, but I always dread having to call when I have an issue because I know I'll immediately have to fight that battle.

- People who don't know how to merge. Or don't use turn signals.

There ya go.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Um.....................................(S>>>>>>>P>>>>>>>A>>>>>>>>C>>>>>>>>E>>>>>>>>>>>>>>) it is so.........we're called......(oh rats Fritz......thanks) We have a name -people who have to have space around us. DRATTED FRITZ.....lol.

Jody

People who chew loudly.
Ignorant drivers,
Incessant Barking dogs-take them inside please.
People who rattle chip bags forever,
People who whistle and think we are blessed to listen to their noise.
My next door neighbor. Everything he does gets on my nerve. Major Jerk.
My difficult child, who never gets that I am watching the movie with her for the first time, I do not have all the answers as to who, did what, when and where.
The toilet paper roll thing, how hard is it?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
2 feet is good for me in queue, and I'm one of those people who expects my space to remain sacred.

The guy (or gal) in the left lane who will.not.move. My turn signal's on, I slow, they slow, I accelerate, they accelerate. What's that about? I wouldn't be trying to get over with my turn signal on for no reason!

The moron who zooms right up on my tail and refuses to change lanes. Dude, if I'm in a low car and you're in a TRUCK, and you're so close I can't see your headlights, who do you think is gonna be "at fault" when I tap my brakes? Does "failure to maintain a clear and assured distance" not mean anything to you?

Previously potty-trained teenagers who suddenly start "missing". (I'm trying hard to keep my mouth shut about toilet paper.)

donna723

I think I tend to get MORE annoyed at stupid people now that I've retired! More time to think about it maybe? Or maybe they just stand out more now that I don't have to put up with certain people at work?

On the "personal space" thing -how about those people who get behind you in the grocery store checkout line and jam in so close to you that you can feel their breath on the back of your neck? While the cashier is ringing up my stuff, I sit my purse on the little check writing platform to dig out my debit card, and the person behind me has moved up even further, so close that I have to get them to back up just so I can get to the machine to run my card through! And while I'm trying to put in my PIN number, they're so close that their head is practically resting on my shoulder! What's wrong with people anyway? They're not going to get through that line one second sooner by jamming up that close to me!

And (yes, I'm going here again!) what about the spacey, giggling, clueless part-time cashier, the high school girl whose voice is all faked syrupy sweetness, the one who insists on calling me "honey" or "sweetie" like I'm either one of her high school buddies or some ancient senile old person in the nursing home who thinks we're still fighting World War II! Hey kid, if you wouldn't call your teachers "honey" or "sweetie" then you darned sure better not call me that either! I'm certainly not "sweet" and if you continue to push my buttons you will find out just exactly how NOT "sweet" I am. The last one that tried that ... her ears are probably still ringing but she doesn't call me "sweetie" anymore either!

And what about those neighbors who insist on letting their dogs roam the neighborhood, using my yard as a bathroom and setting my four off into a barking frenzy! Yes, MY dogs use our yard as a bathroom but they live here - it's their yard! And my dogs do NOT have worms and I don't want them picking them up from your pathetic little dog who probably hasn't seen a vet since Nixon was in office!

Mom2oddson

The connection on my work computer. I've been trying to read this thread since 5:30 AM!!! Finally got to the end! Uhg....

Does Everything count? Cuz right now it seems that Everything is getting on my nerves.

The guy in the cubicle in front of me. He's one of those "Knows everything, is never wrong, must have last word" person. And even with headphones on and my music up loud I can still hear everything he says. Everytime he opens his mouth, I want to stuff socks down his throat.

The epidemic of idiotitis that is going on in my town. It seems as if everyone has it. And there seems to be no cure available.

husband..... Two different things.
1) he's dealing with idiotitis with his co-workers and boss. He way of dealing to to vent to me over and over and over and over and over......
2) His paranoia over something happening to me. In january, during a snowstorm, I had chest pains that wouldn't go away. Went to the ER 10 miles from my house. They decided I needed to stay the night. The insurance company wouldn't let me stay there, they had me shipped to a hospital 25 miles away. husband dropped Steph off at the house to care for the dogs and then tried to get to me. The bridge was closed, 5 foot chunks of ice were falling onto cars. It's over a 3 hour trip to go around and the roads weren't passable. So, even though I was constantly on the phone with husband letting him know I was fine he freaked out. He realized that he needs me and now.... I'm not even to walk the dogs unless he's with me. Come On!! Big PitBull and Pit/Rott mix?? Who's going to bother me in my own neighborhood!!!!

People who cheat on their work hours. And a boss that let's them get away with it.

Merging with a bunch of me-firsters. The lane ends. It's been that way for TEN YEARS!! Do you really have to fly up side of the road to get infront of me?? Why can't you get in line like everyone else! And we aren't talking about one or two people. We come to a dead stop everyday because of a huge line of these people. Even when I have left space for two cars to get infront of me, they go to the car in front of that space and squeeze in front of them. What is up with that???

My dogs! I love them, but OMG!! I have to close the doggy door at night now because Annie or Blossum will decide that they are tired of being without me and will start barking outside my window. Or Bella Bean, the puppy will bark and any strange noise, which would be okay, except Annie is losing her hearing and she starts barking and won't stop so then Daisy and Blossum have to join her and I can't get them to stop for a good five minutes. And Bella Bean is having seperation anxiety is a way. It's fine if she walks out of my sight, but if I walk out of her sight she starts carrying on like she's being tortured. So when I want to take a shower in the morning, I need to bring her into the bathroom with me, but she's afraid of the bathroom, so I have to carry a 45 pound wiggle-puppy every morning....Or else husband, who's only been asleep for a couple of hours will have to listen to Bella cry.

My friend/co-worker/fellow vanpool rider. The vanpool hours means that we put in 9 hr days Mon-Thurs. It's just the way it is. If you want to ride in the vanpool or need to in our case, this is just the way it is. But, she gets so mad about having to ride in the vanpool, so mad about the hours (and yes, when you are at work for 44 hours getting paid for 40 and your fellow workers are here for 35-38 hrs and getting paid for 40, it's not easy).... but being so miserable that you make everyone else around you miserable..... Uhg!!!!! Stop it! It's driving me nuts! Yes, it hoovers, but choose not to let it bother you or at least keep it to yourself and stop spreading your uck!

Coworkers arguing politics right by my desk. Go somewhere else!!

The price of everything! Like my water company that got the approval for a 20% increase yet my bill has increase 37%!!! WTH?? I use half the power I did 2 years ago yet that bill has doubled.

Product shrinkage!! Dogfood now comes in a 37 pound bag and costs more than the old 40 pound bag. Get out a recipe that calls for a XXX ounce package to go to the store and find that item at least 2 ounces less than what it used to be. Oh and the items in bags or boxes that when opened are only half filled.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Product shrinkage!! Dogfood now comes in a 37 pound bag and costs more than the old 40 pound bag. Get out a recipe that calls for a XXX ounce package to go to the store and find that item at least 2 ounces less than what it used to be. Oh and the items in bags or boxes that when opened are only half filled.

Oh heck yeah! I've noticed the package size shrinkage thing on many many items and it ticks me off. Price goes up AND it shrinks. grr

I have to LOL donna about the girl calling you honey or sweetie. You'd have a fit around here. They attempted to teach us not to do that in nursing school for the reason you said........but that is also the way folks talk here to each other. It's meant to be friendly. So it didn't work. I don't mind because I take it in context. Now let someone from dayton do that and I might get mad......because I lived there long enough to know people don't do it there and mean the same thing they do here.

S

Signorina

MY 50 yo sister in law who is a gossip and a total PITA. She has befriended difficult child's girlfriend on Facebook - a 19yo girl whom she has met 3 or 4 times - and I've begged her to cool it and she won't. She "likes" the girlfriend's posts & photos a few times a week and just today she posted a compliment on difficult child's girlfriend's recent photo. STOP ENABLING.

The place where I got my mammogram on Monday, March 12. I never rec'd the results, so I called yesterday at 1:30. (They were supposed to be mailed last Tuesday the 13th. Results are available over the phone the next day) Lady on the phone said "Weird, looks like they weren't read. Or that they are waiting for images. Did they ask you to come in for more images? I don't know what's going on. I will call you back..." Now, needing more images is a BAD SIGN. In fact, the Mammo tech told me when I had it done - that if they didn't with in 2 days to request I come back for additional images, I was in the clear. No news is good news. UNTIL I SPOKE TO THEM yesterday and her response made me pause. By 4pm - no return call. So, I call back, get the voice mail and leave a message stating that I was awaiting a return call from 1:30 with my results from over a week ago and that the information I received when I called earlier was making me anxious. I NEVER HEARD BACK. I called at 5:30 and GONE FOR THE DAY. Called my own dr, the radiology dept at the hospital - etc - all of whom were nice but could not help me. My own doctors. helpline looked up the results and said they were on a paper document not scanned into the system and surmised the issue was that someone had lost them and not that there was a problem. Got a call at 8:00am today that results were fine BUT STILL IT WAS A LONG DAY YESTERDAY not to mention a LONG week and a half awaiting results.

The stoopid economy - I am grateful that we are barely treading water - I know many have it worse - but H took an 80% pay cut 3 years ago and I REALLY NEED HIM get back on track. Of course, the pay cut (small business owner) coincided with out move into our too expensive brand new dream house in 2008 that is now worth 35% less. Murphy's law and all. Can't tread water much longer.

Oh, and my eye won't stop twitching. And I am out of shape and have gained 10lbs I didn't need with all my comfort carb eating and too much wine drinking. Not a boozer, but the calories add up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Star*

call 911........call 911
P....R....O...X....I....M...I....T....I...S...T.... I ARE ONE. Person who requires possibly more than his or her share of personal space. Oh and by the way - I'm really not a wine drinker. I figured after the first Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and that first wine cooler? I would probably end up a drunk. Haven't touched the stuff in over 13 years. Didn't much before that either. Except for that one time......and then well suffice to say it was nice to have DF hold my hair.

CHip bags? YES!!!! I'm there with you.

Barking dogs - Did I mention that the Nimrod behind us has SEVEN coon hounds and we live in the woods??? DF said he stepped out the other night and heard someone yell (because they bark NON stop ) Shut the Fup. DF spit his soda on the ground. He said he can't believe someone finally let er rip about the hounds. Finally -----

The tail light thing - I get. Do you know what they taught us in driving school for that? SLOW down. Seriously. Just five miles slower will usually make someone tailing you that closely (which is an accident waiting to happen) go around you. Most blame it on video game driving. I blame it on being an utter idiot. It takes a football field length to stop a semi truck going 55 miles per hour - how closely do you want to be in front of one of those bad boys now?

I can't even talk about economy - I'm sinking so fast - I think I'm breaking land -speed records.

InsaneCdn

Oh and the items in bags or boxes that when opened are only half filled.
Unless... its things like potatoe chips, where they need the "air" to protect from crushing. Which is like 2% of the cases... I don't like buying "air" either!

And what about those OTC medications/vitamins/etc. at the pharmacy that are all the same size bottle... and most of them are less than 10% full? Really? They could shrink ALL the bottles by half and STILL have too much room!

S

Signorina

And what about those OTC medications/vitamins/etc. at the pharmacy that are all the same size bottle... and most of them are less than 10% full? Really? They could shrink ALL the bottles by half and STILL have too much room!

Or the liquid stuff (like cough medicine) which has been diluted so that it remains in the same size bottle but has had the dosage increased? The instructions state to take 2 Teaspoons (or more) per dose? A bottle which used to last for a week or more- now lasts for a couple of days! AND WHO WANTS TO GAG DOWN EXTRA TEASPOONS???

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Uh oh, I'm in trouble with you, Donna, because I call everyone honey or sweetie or darlin. Baby is reserved for my kids and babe for husband. I also say y'all a lot. These are the things I was unable to beat out of myself when I moved from TX to OH 24.5 years ago. But... No fakey syrup voice, WYSIWYG with me.

Mom2oddson, I think the guy in the cubicle in front of yours is my father in law...

I have another one to add. 13-y/o teenagers who, when Dad goes downstairs (GASP!) to spend a few minutes ALONE with Mom, MUST come downstairs. 5-6 times. In half an hour. husband spent 45 minutes with me last night, and only the first 5 and last 15 were uninterrupted - because Jett would.not.leave.us.alone. Kid - you're THIRTEEN! GO ENTERTAIN YOURSELF FOR A LITTLE BIT! WE ARE NOT ON THIS EARTH TO BE YOUR PERSONAL ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM! This is the same kid that has to be called 25 times for dinner because he is too busy watching TV. In the next room. Which is open to the dining room & kitchen. (AFTER he was told by me that husband had a bad day and to NOT PESTER DADDY!)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Star... I've been rear-ended by a lil old lady driving a sedan who never saw me and if I hadn't turned my wheel at the last second I'd have been dead at age 18. Rear ending terrifies me. And there ARE people who if you slow at that distance WILL hit you. been there done that too.

I look at the dosage and then... Ignore it. I hate liquid cough syrup. I'd rather drink lemon juice with honey in it.

donna723

Step, it wouldn't be quite the same if you said it to me. It depends on who is saying it and how they're saying it! With some people it doesn't bother me at all but this was coming from a 16 year old in a fakey sickningly sweet condescending tone. I didn't say anything until it happened for the fifth time! She was so clueless, apparently she couldn't tell from my gritted teeth, hands clinching into fists and the evil eye I was giving her that I didn't appreciate it. The fourth time she did it I started to say something, then just shook my head and walked away but I was fuming! The fifth time I let her have it! I was civil but told her through clenched teeth that it came off very condescending and disrespectful for someone her age (16) to be calling a total stranger my age (66) "sweetie", and that if she didn't call her teachers that, she darn well better not call me that either! But again, it wasn't even so much what she said as the way she said it, with that fake smile plastered on her face and that patronizing tone. Maybe it's just me but that's one of my buttons that is very easily pushed!

InsaneCdn

But again, it wasn't even so much what she said as the way she said it, with that fake smile plastered on her face and that patronizing tone
Donna, I don't care how old this person is, or what the context is... even if it's some rich old lady. Fake smiles and patronizing tone... are extremely irritating, 110% of the time.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
*having to wade through menus on the phone to find the right person to assist you and when you finally do, you get cut off and have to go through the entire process once again

*drivers who stay in the passing lane driving slowly, and when there is an opportunity to pass them, they then speed up.

*ignorance which masquerades as intelligence

*Folks who when asked, 'how are you', report a litany of ailments and diseases and medical anomalies in horrific detail until your eyes roll back in your head and you want to throw up.

*Meeting someone for the first time and they feel compelled to list in stunning detail, all of their many accomplishments, (which only serves to make me recognize a 'weenie' when I see one)

*standing in the express line at the market with my one item, while the person in front of me is buying for her neighborhood in 15 item incremental blocks amounting to an average of 80 items.

*getting to the end of mascara/lipstick/eye shadow, any makeup item which is in a stick or wand, and while it appears to be out, you know there is a lot more in the tube, but you cannot access it with the stick or wand.

*People who are sick and still go to work or school, infecting the rest of us.

*Anyone who needs to be a snob or act in any way which makes them appear and feel "better" then another, which immediately shows their immense inferiority and ignorance. (refer back to ignorance masquerading as intelligence)

*Big boastful egos which cannot help but stuff their big feet directly into their big mouths at the tiniest provocation.

*Sitting in a restaurant waiting for quite awhile while the waitstaff repeatedly walk by ignoring you. Having worked in restaurants in college, this is a big NO NO, a simple acknowledgement such as "someone will be right with you" works wonders.

*New monthly bank charges for "viewing your account on line---$3.00; receiving a paper statement---$1.50; having your balance go below $200----$1.50,.......seriously???? Watch my back as I take my money and go to the new Credit Union in town!

*Entitled teenagers, young adults and even some older folks. The world owes you nothing people, go find out how the real world works.

*Women (mostly) who have never had any children, expertly and arrogantly telling me how to raise my child, and judging me for doing it wrong.

*Catching a glimpse of myself in a store window or mirror unexpectedly and seeing a 62 year old instead of the 25 year old I think I am.

*Being old enough to receive a senior discount. UGH!

*Along those same lines, having my MOTHER tell me, "I can't believe how old you are!"

*My best friend, who can't make a good choice with men, asking me what I think of this new guy and please tell her the truth........50 years later and I tell her this one is a jerk too and she still goes down the same road. Some things never change.

*Telling my mother the horrible recent events of my difficult child's drama and (remember my family is full of mental illness) my mother bypasses my story and tells me a long story about her late husbands big toe and how it got infected while he was in the army in WW2..............it's a wonder I am not in a mental institution myself.

*Eating practically nothing and gaining 5 pounds.

*People's inhumanity to others, lack of compassion, empathy and kindness. Except here on this board.

:choir:

Last edited:

Mom2oddson

Driving to work, in the slow lane, down a basically deserted two lane highway. To have some jerk who is speeding like a mad man, fly up on your bumper and stay there when the fast lane is empty. I have to get over into the fast lane so the jerk can pass me!! (this has happened quite a few times around here).

Oh....and having my memory fail so that I have to look up simple words in the dictionary! Or trying to figure out how to say what I want with words I can remember how to spell without looking them up.

InsaneCdn

Mom2... I think that's called "old age"... I'm there, too. As soon as I have to start figuring out how to say what I want in words I can remember to spell... I switch to a formal word processer, type the words as I think they are, and run spell check. It's just TOO much work to have to think about which bits of verbosity to adjust on the fly.