things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.......

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
so difficult child 1 (19) is living with girlfriend (19) and girlfriend's single mom. I met girlfriend's mom via phone last week. Well.... lets just say that this woman is very.... "special"....

Me: Hi this is "difficult child 1's" Mom "D"

girlfriend's mom: Hi my name is "S", can I ask why you kicked out "difficult child 1"?

Me: well "difficult child 1" had a lot of chances and he repeatedly was disrespectful, abusive and kept getting in trouble with the law. Not to mention he did not graduate and refused to get a job. Plus he had services through the state until he was 21 that would've helped him, but he signed them away.

girlfriend's mom: Oh well him and girlfriend are probably going to have to at least get PT jobs, cause I work 2 jobs and it's getting tight giving them cigarette $ everyday.

Me: excuse me, what? You do what?

girlfriend's mom: well they do this and that around the house for me

Me: um yeah, but they are 19 not 9! Can I ask you...do you know off hand if they're using any protection?

girlfriend's mom: Oh Gosh I hope so! It's something I worry about everyday!

Me (after repeatedly facedesking): well maybe you should by them a box of condoms instead of cigerettes and tell them to smoke those!

Oh yeah.....she's SPECIAL!

Andy

Oh for funny!

"Probably have to at least get PT jobs"!!!! hmmmmm - YES - ATLEAST

"It is something I worry about everyday" - hmmmm - THEN WHY ARE YOU PROVIDING THE BED AND GIVING YOUR BLESSING BY OPENING YOUR HOME TO THIS ACTIVITY????? (I do like your answer to that one - Good one!)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL

Ok, so maybe not funny in the everyday reality sense...........but you have to admit her duh -ness is funny.

And some parents just can't bring themselves to talk to their kids about either sex in general or protection.

This woman is in for more than a few life lessons herself. ugh

shellyd67

Wow .... PT jobs only ? That is all she requires and she continues to buy them cigarettes ? She does sound quite special ....

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
Thank you ladies, I truly was trying not to laugh at her while I was on the phone! But when I suggested she stop buying them cigarettes she said "but then they might steal them" and I said "and you would think that would be your fault?" and she said "well yeah"...................

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow. That is just ......... well, wow. To give you all a better picture of katie's biomom........just is about the same level where she is at. Nice and all, but wow. omg

...the sad part is the difficult child kids will blame her if they get caught stealing cigs. "It's your fault for not givin' me money!" What a role model.

dashcat

Oh boy. Sounds a bit like the mom of the internet boy difficult child moved in with (both him and his mom). They'd never met in real life and she allowed daughter to move into her home. I called her and explained that, no matter what difficult child was telling her, she came from a loving home and we wanted her to come back (she'd moved in with-him directly after dropping out of college. We were scared to death that she' d moved in with a stranger - and overwhelemed with the rest). She replied, "Well I can't just toss her out ont he street". (yes, you can and you don't have to as Uncle David is on his way to pick her up). Then, my favorite "I take in strays". My daugher is not a stray. UGH!!! Her son worked PT and didn't drive. daughter had no job and no money She would have bought them cigs. Ugh.

Andy

I often think "how do our kids have a chance when there are parents like that out there?" Diva's friends had parents similar. One parent told her to lie to me in order for her to hand over her cell phone. "Tell your mom that it is for A. Tell her I don't like A being home alone and she needs a cell phone." I knew the phone was for the mom and told Diva that if she was so concerned about her daughter being home alone in a very unsafe apartment building ridden with drug and alchol abuse and crime, that A can always come over here. I took the phone away from Diva so she wasn't put in the position of giving it to the mom (I think she really didn't want to and told me about it for me to help keep it from happening - otherwise she would have just done it). I confronted the mom and told her that the phone was my lifeline to Diva. Ofcourse the mom denied ever asking for it! Geesh!!!!

Diva also convinced all her friend's parents and her adult friends that I was a nut case so of course they would want to do stupid things to try to "save" her from her responsibilities of growing up. Always siding with her and telling her what an awful life I am giving her. That does not help in raising a child. Adults should always uplift a parent in a child's eye. Adults should always tell the child their parent cares for them is and is doing their best.

Star*

call 911........call 911
ROFLMtrojans off - FACEDESKING? OMWord I have NEVER heard that expression but I LOVE IT ==LOVE IT! STILL LAUGHING. And you were so kind - "special" in your description of this woman.

I'm sending you a bite guard and a face mask for Christmas - (talk about your white elephant gifts) sheesh. (snort)

OM Facedesking (bang head here) ROFL.....still.....

Star*

call 911........call 911
STILL LAUGHING.......hahahaha....OMW you are HYSTERICAL! Ever think of writing stand up? (ka bang ka bang ka bang) -----I need air......air........

DammitJanet

I think I would send a pack of cigarettes for Xmas along with an extra extra extra large box of condoms. Maybe print out instructions in bold print along with pictures in case someone cant read well. Laminate it too. Maybe take the box over and stick the instructions to the front of the fridge? LOL. Put that double sided tape on the back.

Then ask the woman when the wedding will be so you can start planning when to book them on the show Bridezilla's.

JJJ

I think I would send a pack of cigarettes for Xmas along with an extra extra extra large box of condoms. Maybe print out instructions in bold print along with pictures in case someone cant read well. Laminate it too. Maybe take the box over and stick the instructions to the front of the fridge? LOL. Put that double sided tape on the back.

Then ask the woman when the wedding will be so you can start planning when to book them on the show Bridezilla's.

Oh, I like the Christmas gift idea. Maybe expand a bit, condoms, a book on STDs and another on pregnancy....

Star*

call 911........call 911
OM JAnet - YOU ROCK! ---------

um.....you think BAM has that? You know condoms at the kiosk?

H

HaoZi

Wonder if you could buy the big wall dispenser type like you see in bathrooms.