Things Turn On A Dime

pasajes4

Son went to work yesterday, and came home when he was supposed to come home. He decided to go across the street to the corner store to get a soda around 11:00 p.m. I have not seen him since. His phone and wallet are at home. He did not go to work today and he did not call in. He loves that job. He loves his phone. He is always on it. It was chilly last night and he did not wear his new hoody. I am trying to not to go to the worst case scenario. He only took enough money to buy a soda. I checked his phone to see if he was planning on meeting someone.. nope. I have called jails, hospitals, friends, ex's no one claims to have seen him. The police won't make a report for another 24 hours. This is the kind 0f @$@& that makes me crazy.

pasajes4

Just when i relax enough to let him stay here for the weekend and now this. His brother called 5 min ago and asked what time was he supposed to pick him up because he could not reach him. He said none of his stuff was missing from the apartment so he did not make his way over there. He was in a good mood and had said that ut was good tocspend time here with his mom, dog, and we had a good time at his nephews last soccer game. I met his boss yesterday and he had nothing but good things to say about him. Thus just does not make sense. He did not take enough money to buy weed. His wallet still had the same amount of money as when we got back from shopping. Ibknow because he was grinching about having to make do on the amount he had left. Sorry. I know iam blithering and any other time i would ptetty much figure hecwas on a drug binge. It feels different this time. I dont feel angry ibfeelcsick to my stomach. Did i miss something. Was he too happy. Again sorry im blithering.

AppleCori

Pasa,

I am concerned with you.

He has been doing so well!

I don't know what to say, but I am here thinking and praying for him and you, and hoping everything will turn out OK.

Please le us know when you hear anything!

Apple

TerryJ2

I have no idea. I wish I could help! I am so sorry. I feel your angst right through the screen. I would be a mess.
I'm so sorry. I will be checking back here. Soon.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Pasa, I would be concerned too. It just doesn't sound right. I pray he is ok. Please let us know when he turns up.

:group-hug:

Calamity Jane

Do you think it's worth asking if the corner store will allow you to review their security surveillance tape (assuming they have one and that it was filming)? This way you'd know if he actually went there.
In any case, I'm worried for him, too.

pasajes4

I did go there about 12a.m. I showed the cashier his picture. She said he had been there and that he needed 1 penny more for the soda and she gave him one. She said they talked for a couple of min. and then he told her he was coming here to eat chili. She said he seemed fine when he left. The store and gas pumps were empty when he was there. I live in a 4 min. walking dist. of the store. It just is not adding up.

Lil

Oh Pasa! I'd be so worried too! I can't believe the police won't make a report yet - did you call them? Did you tell them everything you've told us? That he left with just enough money, you verified that he was where he said he'd be and even told the clerk - a stranger - that he was coming back to your house?

The whole 48 hour missing thing is often a myth, depending on the circumstances.

pasajes4

I called the police. They said give it more time. I explained the situation. I remained calm. I figured if I sounded panicked they would think I was one of those mothers. They have been here many times over the years, so they are not going to break their necks doing anything.

Lil

I figured if I sounded panicked they would think I was one of those mothers.

Maybe the squeaky wheel has the right idea sometimes? But you are probably right and there's nothing you can do. I don't think I could be patient and calm.

Praying for your son and you!

pasajes4

I don't think I could be patient and calm.
I am not either of those. I am at the point now that if he is not hurt or being held against his will, I will take his rear back to his father's family and he can wave bye-bye in my rear view mirror.

Calamity Jane

Was your son going to testify Nov. 9? If you contacted his attorney, is there any way the attorney could accelerate a search? I know I am grasping at straws here, but even a private investigator? I'm worried that the most critical time's wasting here.