Think I'll be making

Wiped Out

Staff member
another call to the psychiatrist today or tomorrow. No violence this weekend, other than the threat of it and a bit of posturing that did get him Stop the World-he shoved into me in a threatening way.

Impulse control zero. Three things from yesterday concerned us,

*While he was getting dressed to go to the movie husband was taking him to he put his belt around his neck and was pulling on it hard! Enough so he was coughing. He thought it was funny and we couldn't get him to understand the danger.

*We were leaving the health club and he picked up a rock and started to scratch a car. I stopped him. He didn't understand it was vandalism, he just wanted to carve his initials.

*We have a nice painting in the house hanging above the mantel. He took a toy and started pounding on it and then tried to show me how it could almost come off the wall! He thought it was funny and wouldn't listen that it could ruin the painting. Later easy child caught him putting his fingers all over it, when she told him that wasn't good for oil paintings because of the natural oil in peoples fingers he refused to listen.

In all of these incidents he thought he was being funny and couldn't understand the seriousness of what he was doing even after we explained to him. He usually is impulsive but this was over the top!

crazymama30

Call the psychiatrist. We are going in to see psychiatrist this week too, must be something in the air.

That impulsivitiy sounds way over the top. Hugs.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks everyone, I didn't have a second at work today to call and by the time I got easy child home from her psychiatrist appointment. it was too late. I will definitely call tomorrow. Is it too much to ask for some stability?

Sharon,

I'm glad you're going to call the psychiatrist today. I know what you mean about wanting to do something you need to do but honestly not having the time to do it. I'm glad with all the chaos and stress in your household, you're going out this evening. I'm very happy you're taking care of your needs too. I learned this lesson too late and still need refresher courses every now and then.

You deserve some stability in your house. The chaos and stress needs to stop. It seems that life revolves around difficult children and their unpredictable moods. It shouldn't be this way. I know I walk on eggshells in my house more than I should. It rots!!!

Thinking of you. ENJOY your evening out!!! Hugs... WFEN

Wiped Out

Staff member
Talked to the psychiatrist's nurse today. We decided since his appointment. is in a week and he has been sleeping so much at school lately that we will give difficult child an extra 5mg of loxapine as a PRN. I don't want him sleeping any more at school than he is so I'm hoping to not have to use it.

by the way, Star-I'll take the chocloate bar-since it's cyber chocolate-no calories:)

WFEN-I know what you mean about walking on egg shells!