Think of us tonight

T

toughlovin

Thanks Nomad.... you are right. that is the advantage of texting it is easier to keep the emotion out of it... fo course the disadvantage is you can't hear the voice or the humor either.

lovemysons

Yep so typical that we are ALWAYS supposed to consider our difficult children fragile feelings but nevermind our own.

Thinking of you,
Tammy

N

Nomad

Not sure I am overly concerned about the difficult child's emotions. It is just that getting emotional always backfires.
I would express your emotions/feelings with-o emotion and with little words.
I would express your feelings with actions.
So, change dinner at your home...to dinner out.
If that doesn't work....put some space between dinners...give yourself a break. Hopefully, he'll give this some thought.
Problem is, difficult children are s.l.o.w. to pick up on things.
Protect yourself first.
At some point, you might have to (again, without emotion) spell it out for him saying "You've been disrespectful and inappropriate by cancelling so often. I would really like to go out with you. I'm sure some time in the future we can try again, but not soon." Again, NO EMOTION....be like a stone faced cop.

T

toughlovin

At this point i am going to wait a while or see if he makes a suggestion....if he doesnt then sometime i will mention we are going out does he want to join us....spur of the moment and ok if he says no. I will not be cooking up a storm for him any time soon....

Star*

call 911........call 911
If I were going to say anything - it would have been EXACTLY what Nomad said - nearly word for word.......

Sending you hugs - and some stone faced emotions - (you can borrow a bucket or 10 of mine I have PLENTY to go around and then some)