Thinking of you Linda and your day

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you very much Christine. The small lunch & gift opening went well. As the tweedles were so hyped we opted to skip the "meal" portion & have a few snacks while gifts were opened.

Tdocs made kt & wm hand out gifts to husband & myself first & watch while we opened & enjoyed them. The most exciting gift was a card made by kt & wm together. The tdocs took pictures of them working together (appropriately & yet having fun) creating this card. The pictures became a part of this card. It's the most beautiful gift I've ever received. kt & wm also made snow globes with their pictures in them - again playing together safely. They will be proudly displayed all year long.

Of course, after that all heck broke loose as it should have. There were moments of the "twin zone" where no one could break into the zone of tweedle chaos. When things became "unhealthy" bordering on unsafe kt & wm were given one warning. They turned it around.

Attachment therapist took a family portrait, then some pictures of kt & wm playing together nicely.

We were together as a family for a total of 55 minutes (husband was timing - he's tracking the progress). It was a pleasant gathering.

kt struggled a bit last night but not to the level of the first visits & she didn't need a PRN medication. wm had issues at group home as well but he was easily distracted.

It was good - very good! :thumb:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Glad you got to see your kids together - THAT I'm sure was a memory to be cherished for a long time -

and I think - look how far this family has come - and it makes anyone smile! :smile:

Thanks for sharing Linda - hope you are feeling better every day!

Hugs
Star

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
WooHoo!!!! I have been reading about you and your family and I am very happy that you got to spend time together as a whole. I bet the snow globes are beautiful. Enjoy!

mum2JK&TH

That's wonderful! Brought tears to my eyes. Sounds like little baby steps of progress are being made. I am so glad you have something to look at to remind you of this.

Merry Christmas Linda :smile:

Marguerite

That is so good, I'm pleased the day went well. Every positive experience locks in progress for the next adventure together.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:gingerbread: That is wonderful news Linda!

What a great Christmas gift! Sounds like there is some progress. Perhaps things are going slowly, but they are moving forward. I'm very happy for you, husband, and the tweedles :snowman:.

Sharon