This day isn't going as planned

klmno

And I didn't even plan anything. I can't find my eyeglasses- they cost $300 + so I never buy more than one pair and I can't find them. Urghhh....

And on top of that,instead of planning a move to HI, I'm sitting watching a rerun of the Brady Bunch vacationing in HI. LOL!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I hope you find them! I hate losing glasses.
I have really bad photosensitivity and damage to my eyes from wind and sun so I have to have really good polarized glasses with the most protection from sun on top of it, they usually cost about 150-200....
I keep those things by my side non-stop.

DDD

I'm trying to train myself to only put my glasses in two or three locations...
it is not easy teaching an old dog new tricks. ;) When I am under alot of stress my brain functions on a different (kind of dazed) thinking level and my
glasses often get lost. When they are really, really lost (as in for over an hour) I force myself to make a list of everywhere I have gone in the house
since I know I last had them. It's a pain in the fanny but usually when I start
at the last known sighting and walk thru the schedule..I find them. Good luck
DDD

klmno

Well, here's what happened- I ALWAYS keep them on the end of the dining room table, next to my purse and keys. I came home Tues. after family therapy, but had stopped at the store on the way home. The dogs were jumping up to get greeted and my hands were full, so I set grocery bags on the floor and keys on the kitchen island and made a mental note to move my keys later- not to forget where they were. I took my one free hand and greeted the dogs, set the other stuff on the DR table, and opened the door to let the dogs go out in the backyard to potty. Then I put away the groceries.

Wed. evening, I was debating about going out to get cigarettes (yeah, I know) because I didn't know what the store hours would be (where I buy them for less) on TG. I picked up some stuff (coat, keys), then stopped to do something- oh, get some money in my pocket- then went back to the DR table and my glassses were not there.

So- Had I picked them up and set them somewhere as I was getting money? Did they slip out of my hand on Tues and they could have fallen in the leaves in the yard? (I honestly think I had them on, as usual, when I came home Tues.) Did they slip into a bag or on top of the junk mail and I inadvertantly threw them in the trash after putting groceries away?

They are costly for three reasons- I don't get real expensive frames, but I get the spring hinge because they don't break so easily, they are "transitions"; they are bifocals. I can't see diddly with them in medium ranges so I normally don't have them on at home, but I need them to drive (at least, to drive legally and safely LOL!).

klmno

LOL, JJJ! It wouldn't be the first time though! I'm also hoping that I didn't leave them in the store on Tues.- They are bifocals but I can't see up close with them so I take them off to write checks, etc. I really think I would have noticed on Tues if I didn't have them on driving home, but then again, I might have been thinking about stuff therapist said.

TerryJ2

Oh dear! Did you call the store?
Usually, if I do something like that, and have half the planet looking for my keys or something, I find them at home>
good luck!

DammitJanet

K...you sound like me with glasses. I am supposed to be wearing bifocals but I couldnt figure them out. I tried those transitional bifocal lenses and they just made me nuts. I couldnt see a thing out of them. Thankfully I bought my glasses at a buy one get one free place so I had them make me a pair of just distance tinted glasses as my second pair. They also redid my transition pair into regular bifocals but I never could get used to them either and somewhere along the line I lost them. Now I only have the tinted distance pair. They arent true sunglasses but they are fairly dark tints. I keep them in the car only. I never bring them inside anywhere with me. There is a place online to buy cheap eye glasses and I may get another pair someday but I need to get another eye exam soon done before I do that.