This difficult child of mine ! ARGH!

shellyd67

husband and I have plans tonight to go out to dinner with friends WITHOUT KIDS !

We are long overdue for night out and are very excited.

difficult child is such a PITA and is trying to ruin it !

He has moaned and groaned all day about how he is not staying home with our babysitter and he is not being bored tonight (afterall it is Saturday night)

I am so mad right now and could kick him in the pants !

We are definetly going and he can whine all he wants !

HowMuchLonger

Shelly, I feel your pain. husband and I were supposed to go out to a birthday party tonight. It would be our first night out without kids in several years. We usually can't find anyone to watch the kids...the excuses we've heard OH BOY! I even made sure NOT to tell difficult child 3 yesterday about us going out so as not to rile him up or give him time to screw it all up. Our son sounds pretty much like yours...will ruin it even before it's started, so we just haven't bothered to go anywhere lately without the kids.

Anyhow, I'm with you on this one...difficult child 3 can whine and moan. We already had our niece on duty for babysitting tonight so decided rather than a 5-6 hour night out we'll keep it short to just dinner for the two of us for 2 hours. At least it's something kid-free! Good luck and have some fun!

susiestar

Roll With It
Go ahead and let him whine all he wants - just be SURE not to reward that whining by staying home!! If you stay home after all his whining and moaning it will teach him that you will bow to his wishes if he whines enough!

You could do what my mother did - if we were whining she needed the garbage taken out, the dog walked, the floor swept and something dusted. Never said word one about the whining, it was just "Time to take out the garbage" or "THis needs to be dusted now" etc.... Eventually we figured out that the more we complained the more chores she made us do. Took gfgbro years longer than me, but I didn't mind - it meant he had to do them! If we skated by with-o drawing her attention we didn't get near so many chores, lol.

I hope you have a wonderful evening. Why not set your mood up right by putting a video or game on for difficult child and taking a bubble bath?

shellyd67

I like your Mom's thinking Susiestar .... LOL I am going come h*ll or highwater tonight.... he can pitch a fit all he wants. We have 2 sitters coming and they handle him beautifully !

HML have fun too !

shellyd67

husband and I had a great evening out !

The meal was incredible and the company even better.

difficult child was fine when we left and when we returned. Thank goodness !

The funny thing is we were out to dinner with difficult child's friends parents and they think the world of difficult child and have NO idea that he is a difficult child (lol)

So grateful for the night out.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You know of course - it's not the babysitter they don't like.....it's ANY change.

You can send them both to Auntie Star........I'll send them both back BEGGING to stay with Mom and Dad.

H

HaoZi

*shifty eyes* Does Auntie Star want one more for a bit so Mommy HaoZi can finish writing?