This is for Pink and all. How do you do your laundry?

BusynMember

I didn't realize people worried about an open shower curtain lol! I mean, I DID know, but didn't think about it. I'm sure I kept mine open. I never cared if the toilet was open as long as it didn't have poop in it...lol. I am so weird!

I always had just two dreams, none about a house. I wanted to build a homeless shelter with staff and one part for those who were domestically abused. I even wrote a book where the rich man in the story had done this lol. He was doing what I wished I could do! And I also dream of a huge animal sanctuary for forgotten and abused animals. I hope to do foster care and rescue for animals. I once did foster care for children.

I know I must be strange, but never did I dream about the house I wish I could buy. If I could add to the small, tidy home we bought, I guess the only thing I wish it had that it doesn't is an inground pool. It has a deck, which I always wanted, plenty of room to plant (I kill plants but my husband is home to help me now) and it is in really good condition. This is a dream home to me...lol. I also have a boat and RV. My kids get to use them. That part is the sweetest to me. I have everything I want now. Except the homeless shelter and the animal sanctuary. When i say I never cared about stuff, I am serious. "Things" never mattered to me. That's why I hated Rich, Illinois so much. I did NOT envy the rich people. I just didn't LIKE them. I do not tend to get jealous of people for what they own.

Another oddity about me is i never envied anyone for having a great education or a good job. I am not your average person at all.

Last edited:

Pink Elephant

A LITTLE fastidiousness?

Understatement.

My house must be neat and tidy and clean at all times. Fairly organized and consistent.

Nothing extraneous lives on any flat surface. Only stuff I intentionally put there. My step-son has a hard time with this concept, but my hubby loves it.

Everyone picks up after themselves. No leaving things around the house.

That way I don’t have to do a lot of cleaning.
Like, like, like! :)

Used to drive me nuts when my kids were little and there would be toys and things scattered from one end of the house to the other. On the stairs, in each room, down the hallway, even outside. I'd go on rampages (no, not really, LOL), but I would crack-down on them cleaning things up when it would get out-of-hand.

I, too, live with everything having it's own place and space, no dirty dishes in the kitchen sink at the end of the day, and floors washed and clean. I've always enjoyed a clean and organized environment.

AppleCori

Does anyone else have one of those old plastic, metal, or porcelain wash-bins or washtubs in their laundry room?

Like a utility sink?

I have one, which we use mainly for washing the dogs and washing the mice’s toys in a bucket and such.

I used to use it for hand-washing, till my hubby told me that his oldest (difficult) son told him that the son’s girlfriend peed in it one day when she didn’t want to go upstairs to the toilet. He asked how she managed that and he said “I have pictures. Wanna see?”

No

Hubby bleached it out and such, but I won’t use it for clothes ever again.

Pink Elephant

I didn't realize people worried about an open shower curtain lol! I mean, I DID know, but didn't think about it. I'm sure I kept mine open. I never cared if the toilet was open as long as it didn't have poop in it...lol. I am so weird!

I always had just two dreams, none about a house. I wanted to build a homeless shelter with staff and one part for those who were domestically abused. I even wrote a book where the rich man in the story had done this lol. He was doing what I wished I could do! And I also dream of a huge animal sanctuary for forgotten and abused animals.

I know I must be strange, but never did I dream about the house I wish I could buy. If I could add to the small, tidy home we bought, I guess the only thing I wish it had that it doesn't is an inground pool. It has a deck, which I always wanted, plenty of room to plant (I kill plants but my husband is home to help me now) and is in really good condition. This is a dream home to me...lol. I have a boat and RV. My kids get to use them. That part is the sweetest to me. I have everything I want now. Except the homeless shelter and the animal sanctuary. When zi say I never cared about stuff, I am serious.
In many ways, SOT, I wish I could have been /could be more like yourself. Instead, I have always been overly particular about a lot of things, and at times, it's got the better of me.

Pink Elephant

Like a utility sink?

I have one, which we use mainly for washing the dogs and washing the mice’s toys in a bucket and such.

I used to use it for hand-washing, till my hubby told me that his oldest (difficult) son told him that the son’s girlfriend peed in it one day when she didn’t want to go upstairs to the toilet. He asked how she managed that and he said “I have pictures. Wanna see?”

No

ROFLMAO!

Yes, a utility sink. Hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go! LOL!

I used mine for rubber pants when the kids were babies. Wet/dirty rubber pants got walked downstairs to the laundry room and deposited into the utility sink until diaper-wash day. To this day I love using that sink for washing and soaking things. So handy!

Lil

Does anyone else have one of those old plastic, metal, or porcelain wash-bins or washtubs in their laundry room?

You mean a utility sink? I'd LOVE one. I'd put it where the useless water softener is...it would be so handy for washing the dog - or any hand-wash clothing.

:rofl:

That's definitely fastidious! You do know men pee in the shower, right? :p

My house must be neat and tidy and clean at all times. Fairly organized and consistent.

You would FAINT at my housekeeping. :faint:

AppleCori

Like, like, like! :)

Used to drive me nuts when my kids were little and there would be toys and things scattered from one end of the house to the other. On the stairs, in each room, down the hallway, even outside. I'd go on rampages (no, not really, LOL), but I would crack-down on them cleaning things up when it would get out-of-hand.

I, too, live with everything having it's own place and space, no dirty dishes in the kitchen sink at the end of the day, and floors washed and clean. I've always enjoyed a clean and organized environment.

I would only give the kids a few toys at a time, with everything else rotated periodically (except favorites).

Kept the mess under control.

Pink Elephant

Another idea is to have a dog that chews up any toys left laying around. That worked well with my youngest. She hasn’t left a thing around in the four years since we have had our youngest dog.
Yep, sometimes tough love is the best teacher.

I've popped balloons with my cigarette before that my kids had strewn all around the house. Balloons that I had reminded them (multiple times) to clean-up. Boy, do they ever learn fast after that.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I can honestly say, if I were raising a young family today, I'd have an old-fashioned top-loader washing machine at my disposal, especially is I was using cloth diapers, but even if I used disposables, because you're washing so many loads of laundry (so often), I find it much easier and more comfortable to reach-down into an old-fashioned top-loading washing machine to remove laundry, than crouching-down all the time to remove it from a front-loading machine.

Those old top-loading washing machines were real mommy machines. :)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Those old top-loading washing machines were real mommy machines. :)[/QUOTE]

And the early ones wore like iron. When husband and I bought our house after he got out of the Army, it came with an elderly washer and dryer. How elderly the washer was, we didn't find out until much later, but it was old.
We replaced the dryer immediately as it was gas and a fire hazard, especially as the pilot light used to go out continually.

Anyway, about 3 yrs later, the washer broke down, so we called out a repairman.

He took one look at the washer and said, "You've got to be kidding me? That thing is 45 years old if it's a day!" It was a Frigidaire. He called the manufacturer, read off the serial number, and after a bit of checking on the mfr side, it turned out that our recently expired washer was one of the very first top loading electric washers made. It was something like 50 years old!

And, up until the day it died, we'd never had a moment's trouble with it.

Needless to say, we didn't repair it: no way to get parts for a machine that old. We wound up buying a new, basic, large capacity machine.

BusynMember

Princess is like you guys. Bart is sort of too. I don't have any disorganized kids. Princess loves to clean the house. Moreover she has two aquariums and is anal about changing the water so it is very clean. It takes her hours. My grand loves to help and is clean too, especially for a four year old. Bart's son, J., helps Bart clean the house. For bachelor's, they do a good job!

I would like to be more organized but I never have been. So I don't sweat it. No point (sigh). I just tend not to think like people who need to be organized. I am always thinking "It's so silly to worry about (fill in the blank), but I will respect it because it's not my house."