this is gonna be aweful....

ready2run

Thanks for the link! i sent them a message outlining what i am trying to get done and asking them for advice or help. i also contacted the ministry of education and left a message and will be contacting my mpp and the mpp for the area where the schoolboard itself is located. so now i need to find out if there is a pta for the school or a parents council and ask the school if, since they supported the idea, they would be willing to put a letter i would write up in the backpacks of the students to let the other parents know about the problem and see if any of them would be interested in helping. i am hoping i can gain a great deal of support for this. i'm also thinking of putting out a pubic petition(the real kind, not the online kind) so that the rest of the community can have a say in this. if anyone else has any ideas or can offer any other advice i would really appreciate it.

keista

Make that letter appealing to "regular" kids' parents as well. The more supports available for the sped kids, the more productive time their kids get, otherwise precious educating time gets taken away just to manage sped kids.

M

Mamaof5

Thanks for the link! i sent them a message outlining what i am trying to get done and asking them for advice or help. i also contacted the ministry of education and left a message and will be contacting my mpp and the mpp for the area where the schoolboard itself is located. so now i need to find out if there is a pta for the school or a parents council and ask the school if, since they supported the idea, they would be willing to put a letter i would write up in the backpacks of the students to let the other parents know about the problem and see if any of them would be interested in helping. i am hoping i can gain a great deal of support for this. i'm also thinking of putting out a pubic petition(the real kind, not the online kind) so that the rest of the community can have a say in this. if anyone else has any ideas or can offer any other advice i would really appreciate it.

Off topic: LOVE your avatar! LOL

On Topic, where exactly are you in Northern Ontario? I'm in Elliot Lake myself. Perhaps I can help you get around the school system up here and lend a hand where you need it.