This is minuscule in the grand scheme of things...

tiredmommy

But could I ask for some good thoughts? You see, my favorite cousin is in town with Duckie's favorite cousin (her daughter) and we're trying to surprise them with a trip to Darien Lake's amusement park. Duckie actually thinks we're going to Fantasy Island which is a much smaller local park. We were supposed to go tomorrow but we've apparently been rained out. Wednesday is our last chance. We already have tickets (they expire 7/2) and tomorrow and Wednesday were the only days we can get the girls away. So... I'm asking for good thoughts for good weather. :whiteflag:

busywend

TM - hope you get good weather tomorrow. But, if it rains - go anyway. Even if you only stay for a short time, you spent the money so you might as well go. That way when the rain clears you can run to the rides. Or it is warm enough - just go down the water slides - you will already be soaked!

I have been to Darien many times where it rained for 10 minutes there but at home it poured all day - you just never know!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm guessing by what busywend said you got to go! Hope it was a lot of fun!! (by the way, I remember when I was little going to Fantasy Island when we were visiting my grandma!)

tiredmommy

Yes! We missed the earthquake (husband felt it at home) and had a quick storm move through after six. We were okay with that because the park was absolutely empty after that. Duckie and her cousin really enjoyed it and Duckie can't wait to go back. :thumbsup: