This is So Yummy.........

LittleDudesMom

:spaghetti: (it's marinara sauce and whole wheat spagetti!)

Let's start sharing some good healthy recipes here. I'll start with a favorite of my family -

WW Crock Pot Creamy Chicken
Four boneless, skinless chichen breasts (place in crock)
Vegatables of your choice, course chopped (I usually add mushrooms, onions and carrots)
Two cans of Healthy Receipe Cambells Cream of Soup (whatever you choose - I use one c of celery and one c of mushroom)
(This is not the WW suggested but my own - I usually put some dried tarragon and a dash of white wine in there!)
Cook on low for 6 hours.

It comes out really creamy and then you can serve it on top of egg noodles, brown rice, spatzel, whatever. As prepared it is 4 points on WW plus whatever you serve it on. I love meals like this because easy child and I can have a tossed salad on the side and difficult child can have some carrots and ranch dressing! Done! difficult child will actually eat the mushrooms and onions because they are just in the gravy (I guess he doesn't really notice because no way would he ever eat a mushroom if he saw one on his plate!).

Hope you like this one - it is a family favorite.

Sharon

saving grace

Here is my WW favorite!

Its a great alternative when you have a sweet tooth

A box of your choice of cake mix ( moist cakes work best)
a can of soda 12 oz

Follow directions on the box for cooking and there ya go!!

I make cupcakes they are easy to monitor servings then I top with suger free or fat free cool whip which ever one I happen to have and you have a super yummy dessert! It tastes like a devil dog!!

YUMO!

Grace

busywend

If I recall correctly, the Turkey Mignon is only 6 points. It is a piece of turkey wrapped in one bacon slice. You broil is 10 minutes on each side - usually there is a timer that pops out when done.

They used to carry them at Sam's Club. They stopped - it made me so mad. Then my friend found them with Schwann's (sp?) but, I just this weekend found them at Aldi's.

trinityroyal

I've never done WW, so I don't know how this fits into their point system, but this recipe is a staple in my house. I call it "chowder", but it also works as a primavera sauce.

- 1 whole onion, finely chopped
- lots of whatever other vegetables you have on hand, finely chopped
- 4 cans of healthy request cream of... soup. (I usually use mushroom, chicken, broccoli/cheese and another mushroom)
- 1 1/2 to 2 soup cans full of skim or 1% milk (depending on whether you prefer thicker or thinner chowder/sauce)
- crushed garlic to taste
- ground ginger to taste
- A very small dollop of canola oil. For this, I have filled up a plastic spray bottle with the oil, and I just lightly mist it over the pan
- A splash of low sodium chicken stock. Campbells makes a good one (I just don't have the time to deal with chicken carcasses to make my own, and this is a good alternative)
- Optional: one can of crab meat, drained. (This gives it a hint of seafoodiness, without being overwhelming) AND on the G.I. diet, seafood is "free".

In a big Dutch oven or a huge frying pan:
Sautee the onions until they are caramelized
Throw in the garlic, ginger and vegetables
Pour in a splash of chicken stock and let it all cook until the vegetables get a bit soft (to taste. if you prefer your vegetables a bit softer, let them cook longer)
Add the soup
Add the milk
Add the crab meat
Stir everything until well blended
Heat through until the mixture just starts to bubble. Keep stirring while you do this.
Once it bubbles, turn down the heat to low, cover the pan and let the whole works simmer. You can leave it on the heat for hours and the flavours blend very nicely.

Options for serving:
Serve as a sauce over pasta or chicken or rice

OR, my favourite
Just sling it in a bowl and eat it like chowder.

I make giant vats of this on the weekends, and put it into single serve tupperware containers, which husband and I take to work for lunch.

LittleDudesMom

We need Wiped Out or Nomadic to work up the points on that (or someone else with a points calculator), but I suspect it would be under 6 points for small bowl - that would be using skim milk and the healthy recipe cream of soups.

trinityroyal

Come to think of it, I suppose the chowder recipe would also work in the crock pot, and you wouldn't have to worry about stirring. I will give it a whirl when I do my weekend cooking this Saturday and let you all know how it turns out.

One glass bowl
fresh broccolli
some kind of tomato sauce from a jar

Put the broccoli and sauce in the bowl
Microwave for 2 minutes

This is my dinner.-Alyssa

SRL

I haven't liked ground turkey as a substitute in my regular recipes so I went in search of some new recipes and my family loves these.

Barbeque Turkey Burgers

1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/2 teaspoon salt ( I substitute 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
2 pounds ground turkey
1 small onion, minced
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs

Make burgers:
In a small bowl stir together Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic paste, chili powder, cumin, Tabasco, and salt and pepper to taste until sauce is smooth. In a large bowl stir together turkey, onion, bread crumbs, and 1/4 cup sauce until combined well and form into 6-8 patties. Brush remaining sauce onto all sides of burgers.

Grill until cooked through. We like this recipe with a sauce made from equal parts mayo and sour cream with some lime juice splashed in. You could use reduced/no fat equivalents or use the real stuff since a little goes a long way.

Recipe calls for serving on pita, I like them plain, kids like them on buns.