this isnt' looking good

Jena

so i was hopeful today, and it's not looking good tonight. I know i'm eating up the boards about this stupid transition of me working and how difficult child's handling it yet i gotta vent.

it's going on eleven. i have tried to settle her down at least 4 times. its' not working, i had to cave and let her come downstairs onto couch. so here we are.

she's not manic, its different tongiht. infact lately she's been odd yet thats a whole other issue. she's been kinda dragging herself a bit, not a seroquel thing hard to explain. sort of tired drained thing. weird. no cold or anything. just tons of drinking and tons of eating which there must be about 6 arguments a day over food consumption. yet i can't seem to stop the liquids with her. she'll have like 7 drinks within an hour of watching t.v. back and forth to the water thing, constantly back and forth to the bathroom. i'm calling dr. at some point tmrw and setting up lab appointment. for blood work.

ok off topic sorry. now this could be a fluke, she could just be anxiety ridden tongiht adn it could settle down. yet i kinda knew this was going to happen tonite. i'm hoping that at some point she tires and settles down and calms down tongiht. i need some sleep. as it is i'm walking in announcing tons of issues i can't be half asleep and sick?

this reminds me of when i tried to work before i gave up and i left the office. the continous sleepless nights, the anxiety in her, the anxiety in me everyday at work, etc.

well, i'm hoping that she calms down, i feel bad. yet i've done all the talks i can to try to help. i'm all outta talking now.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Good luck.

If it makes you feel any better (which I'm sure it won't), my difficult child has been eating literally every 15 minutes for a week. He's gained at least 4 pounds. Still by no means fat, but not his typical way of being, either.

Hope you get some sleep.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Perhaps it is a combination of things, Jennifer. Maybe she's anxious about the upcoming changes in her schedule, new care person, your going back to work, along with medications, etc.

It could be all of those things and they may even out after some time - when she sees that everything is okay and that you're still accessible for her.

The drinking and eating stuff definitely sounds like they are related to her recent medication change. But I would mention it to her DR just in case.

I will keep you in my thoughts - I hope she settles down.

B

bran155

Did you ever find a babysitter? I am sorry if you posted about that already, I must have missed it.

I can so relate to the drink consumption. When my daughter was on Lithium I could have bought stock in bottled water!!! She must have drank 3 gallons a day. I am not even exaggerating. When she was on Risperadol she ate enough to feed a small country!!!! It was like she had the constant "munchies". It is so hard to deny your child food, especially when it is a side effect of their medications. I know the struggle you are having right now.

I hope you have a great first day on the job!!! I am so sorry your daughter is struggling with you going back to work. The beginning will be hard for her but I am sure she will get used to it. Hang in there.

Good luck with the new job. Let us know how it goes. :)

TerryJ2

I missed this.

I hope you both got some sleep.

I'm sure her bladder was full when she woke up!

Let us know how it goes today.

lizzie09

lizzie
Hello Jennifer

At this stage of the day you either got going or not.
Really hope all went well for the first day...it wouldnt be ideaL but its a start hopefully in the right direction