My boss has been saying I'm doing a good job and he likes my approach to things. I thought everything waws going ok. If you recall, I had asked the company to not make me wait three weeks before getting a full paycheck. One of the partners, through the HR person, decided that I wiould wait three weeks then get the whole three weeks pay and that they would prefer to just keep it that way when I said I didn't mind if they took it out over the next few pay periods to make up for it. So that is what I have been basing decisions on. This morning boss says he's starting me on regional travel trips in two-three weeks. This way I can drive my car and only be out gas money up front but I'll get reimbursed for that after 10-14 days. Fine. Then, he wants me prepared for longer distance trips by January. That will require having a credit card and in my case, that will mean a prepaid CC because of the bankruptcy. Well, by January I figured I could have enough on a CC to secure a rental car. He says the company will pay hotel and flight up front for me. Fine. Then this afternoon, I get an email from HR person saying to call her because they can only pay thru today on this upcoming paycheck because she can't bill beyond today yet. Fine. So I go ahead and call and then she tells me that the partner (same one who decided how this would play out as I listed above) wanted to know how long I would need this paycheck upfront because he wants to get me on the same pay schedule or whatever as anyone else. Uhhhh...I told her I'd have to let her know in the morning. Now honestly, I get that this is legal and ok and understandable. What I don't get is why he is the one, according to HR person, that specifically said he preferred to just pay me every two weeks and keep it this way instead of holding it back later if he wasn't holding it back to begin with. I remember asking her then "are you sure"" and she said yes, that is what he said. Well, that is why I told boss this morning that there would be no problem having a prepaid CC by January. But I can't do both. I can't give them two weeks' pay back AND have a prepaid CC by Jan. Now what do I do? And how many more times can I expect them to change the their minds about something? I now have this fear that they are going to change their minds about paying for hotels and plane fares up front or somehow I'm going to get stuck not getting reimbursed for something. Of course none of the things like needing a CC, paying for trips up front and getting reimbursed after 10-14 days, or a 90 day review were mentioned until after I took the job. Obviously, if these things are required for the job, it's better for the person to know before taking the job or maybe they won't get offered the job but it's still better than taking it, finding out the requirements, then getting axed because you "couldn't fulfill job requirements".