This May Be It

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nichole is 37 wks. We've got bloody show earlier this evening, rather pronounced. We've got major lower back pain and some heavy duty contractions. She's on her way to the hospital as soon as her husband finds the bleeping car keys. easy child and I'll join her as soon as she knows if she'll be staying. They won't stop labor, because Nichole won't let them stop it.

Now all would be fine and good with this.......and we'd all be pleased as punch......but

Oliver is determined to cause worry. With her last pelvic exam just yesterday, his hand/arm was the presenting feature instead of his head. NOT good. Delivering that part first is a major cause of CP as the baby nearly always gets hung up on the way out.

So hopefully, she'll get an ultrasound while there to see if his hand/arm is still the presenting feature. If it is, she'll have an c section. Her OB normally won't risk it, and with Travis' history he most certainly won't risk it.

Otherwise all is good. He's a good weight, she's measuring bigger than the 37 wks. Those lungs are in great shape.

So now we wait to see if she stays or not. Contractions have been 5 mins apart lasting a minute or longer for more than 2 hrs, and in her words quite painful.

husband will watch Aubrey in the waiting room, while easy child and I coach Nichole........and to hopefully prevent her husband from cracking his awful "stress related" jokes that could get him killed. lol

But for those who are her fb friends.....please don't post anything there as she's trying to prevent her husband's parents from coming to the hospital until after the birth so that her mother in law is NOT in the room while she delivers this time.

TerryJ2

Exciting news! So sorry about the potential mother in law issues. Argh.
I'm sure it will turn out fine ... it's just this transitional time that is so hard. I'll check back in the a.m. to read the good news!

H

HaoZi

Hoping for an uncomplicated delivery for her and Oliver (including no unwanted spectators!)

tiredmommy

Here comes Oliver!!!!

by the way, I was a breach birth.... I had to be turned twice AND the umbilical cord was wrapped around my throat. It turned out okay in the end. :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
GET READY WORLD FOR ............OLIVER!!!!!!

I have a puppy for you - her name is OLIVIA!!!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ohhhhh, no star, don't even suggest it. You know Nichole would take you up on it. lol

Well, still waiting for her to call us to let us know if she's staying or not. I wish she'd hurry up and call one way or the other. I've decided I hate waiting. ugh

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm so glad the little guy was able to hang on for a while longer so his lungs could develop. Hoping for happy news by morning! :bigsmile:

donna723

It certainly sounds like it's the real thing this time! Best wishes and prayers for Nichole and baby Oliver that everything goes smoothly.

lovemysons

Hope you're not still waiting, Lisa.

I am so excited for your family...a new edition is a beautiful thing.
Love the name "Oliver" too...I think he will have a good sense of humor, smile.

Hugs and prayers that all is well,
LMS

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL

Actually, we are still waiting. D@mn early labor. Docs sent her home to be more comfortable while letting labor progress, which is nice because at home she can eat/drink how she pleases and in hospital they don't let you do that much due to policy.

Bad thing about that is, doctor told her due to how far she is from the hospital to come in at 5 min apart, which she did. They sent her home. Now she'll probably do like I did with her and wait until they're right on top of each other before she heads out again which is risky, it's a 30-40 min drive depending on traffic. But the whole family is walking around with their cell phones on today.

They didn't do the ultrasound, which sort of ticks me off, and of course Nichole didn't ask any questions either.........omg when will she stop doing that? ugh lol

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH FOR PETE SAKE - JUST LIKE A MAN TO KEEP YOU WAITING.........(no offense to any man that is actually reading this and is on time) - Oliver is just getting started.

I EXPECTED TO BE A GREAT AUNTIE THIS MORNING..........LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nope, nuthin yet.

I just hope she doesn't wait until he's ready to fall out before she heads back to the hospital again.

bby31288

Anything yet? My oldest daughter is almost at 39 weeks and nothing is going on!! Boy she is moody and cranky, and hot! I hope things progress for Nichole!!!