This may end up being a total disaster...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I asked last week if anyone had heard of that other type therapy.

Well, I went to a free consult session last Friday. I did a half hour of PT while hooked up to this ARP machine, which is similar to an e-stem on steroids. I broke a serious sweat doing it, and walked out of the office without my compression stocking on. I had less swelling for the following 3 days, and less pain. It felt less of a "foreign object"

The only downfall was that I had cramps in my legs that night...I used muscles I haven't used in a LONG time!

So....I went back today and asked if we could do it again. He said sure. We did a slightly different exercise, more focused on the joint. Again, half hour workout, broke a sweat, and it feels GREAT afterwards.

So...I signed on to do his program - 10 sessions. We will see how it goes.

I am not not NOT ditching the PT I've already done. I don't think I could have done this therapy any sooner than I am because of the damage done to my muscles and ligaments - those needed time to heal and reattach - but I am really wondering if this won't help me get past the roadblock I've encountered recently...

I'll keep ya posted.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Shari - I think if it feels right, you should do it.

I'm not saying if it doesn't hurt. If it feels right, inside.

And you're doing so much better than I would...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds good. And I like that you're not giving up the other PT, too.

I'm watching your progress.........I think easy child is too. She's hoping to progress as well as you have. She's due to finally get her cast off (hopefully) next week.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Actually she may like that a lot. Now that she's further along she's really worried about further recovery time and PT and such. What may or may not lie ahead for her. And she is having all these odd sensations in her leg, along with some nasty calf muscle spasms. Some nerve issues too. Can't feel the top of her foot.

That I still have a major nerve issue in my left arm sort of scares her. And that shoulder wasn't fractured as bad as the right one by a long shot. It usually hits me out of nowhere these days. Starts at the tip of my index finger, follows the nerve track straight up my arm and into the armpit. Feels like Ive got someone ramming a scalding hot steel rod all the way up my arm. Arm is useless when it happens. Goes cold and turns an odd shade. Happened often in the first couple of years following the injury. Made me miserable. Just every so often now, hurts the same though. Right one only had issues for a couple of years post injury and not the same. i could pick up a child / baby and suddenly have all I could do to keep them in my arm because it would just stop working and hurt like omg horrid. (glad that one has not happened in a few years)

I didn't have any nerve issues when I broke all the bones in my foot. Every one was a nice clean break straight across.

She's having similar nerve issues in her leg as I do the left arm. It does not make her feel better that 7 yrs out I still have the problem.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I don't have a lot of feeling re: sensations about my foot. I don't think I have a lot of feeling in it period, but am learning to adapt. I don't have to stare at the ground to walk anymore, and less and less limp all the time. Often none.
I have the stabbing pain at time thru my ankle. Being in the ankle it doesn't shoot thru the whole limb but I understand it hitting down. I'm my case I don't think it actuaully shuts down as much as my body just automagically starts guarding it fiercely.
I'd be more than happy to talk to her if she likes. Fb and family and friends made my recovery tolerable.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Steely, its called ARP. Its similar to a e-stem or tens, but it uses Difficult Child current and is a whole lot stronger. We will see.
I'm submitting an "update" shortly, also.