This Reminds Me...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Good Morning All!

I have only been reading and posting here for a short while....and I already feel like I have a wonderful new circle of VERY understanding friends.

I have noticed that there is a new thread posted almost daily that is entitled "Good Morning...". And usually, by the time I read the thread, morning is pretty well over and the thread has a whole list of responding posts.

In a way--I always want to respond and add my "Good Morning" to the mix, too! But I don't, because as the responses continue to be posted--I see that each person that posts responds to all of the other posters individually. It reminds me of the "I'm Going on a Picnic" game (where you have to name everything that the previous player mentioned before adding your own item to the picnic basket):

Good morning! Love A

Good Morning A! Love B

Good Morning A! Good Morning B! Love C

Good Morning A! Good Morning B! Good Morning C! Love D

Good Morning A! Good Morning B! Good Morning C! Good Morning D! Love E

By the time I am ready to post, I just know that I will miss somebody on the list....

So I don't add my greeting to the mix--

Even though I do think it's lovely to touch base with everyone each day.

:D

Best wishes, Friends!

--DaisyF

klmno

I feel the same way many times! I'm glad you brought this up- and sometimes, I want to say "Good Morning" but I don't have happy, exciting plans to post and don't want to bring anyone down. LOL!

TerryJ2

LOL!
I cheated and got in on it this a.m. because I woke up in the middle of the night. :)

Tell you what, I'll do a blanket "hello" next time and make you feel better. You can blame me. :)

Anyway, have a great Sunday. I don't know where you live, but in VA, our weather is FANTASTIC. I've got to get outside.

Marguerite

I have my own unique problems with the Good Morning thread - when I was a newbie, I posted once when it was morning here, my time, in Sydney Australia. And of course it confused everybody because it was only about 11 am at CD Central.

So now I make a point of not starting a Good Morning thread until it's officially morning (ie after midnight) at CD Central, wherever that happens to be (somewhere in the US).

As a result, by the time I post it's often close to midnight or sometimes just after (ie into the next day). If I don't post late at night here, I never get onto the thread either. Which is ironic, because as far as CD members go, I'm one of the earliest. Only members in NZ or Fiji have the jump on us! I don't think there are any Fiji members, and I've only heard of one in NZ, I think. And not lately.

Marg