Those Donuts look so delicious, I don't even know what you are saying.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
This is what N says to me in the grocery store tonight.

We were in there buying bread before dinner. She asked if she could get a treat.
"No"
"Those donuts look so good"
"Well we have cookies at home, we have the candies in the Advant Calender..." Me talking to her and explaining why she doesn't *Need* anything... blah blah blah

As I am talking, to myself.

She say's, "Those donuts look so delicious, I don't even know what your are saying"

I just looked at her, handed her the loaf and bread and shook my head.

I laughed very hard to myself. Where do these kids come up with this stuff?

meowbunny

It really is a great way to explain it, isn't it? Sometimes we don't care what there is, just what we see. Definitely an expression we should all save and use when appropriate. It says it all.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Doughnuts are shiney????? Um Trinity......honey?

I'm so lost - I'm with N - I don't even know what YOURE saying.

GOOD GRIEF could she get any cuter?

totoro

I wished I had a video camera to catch it. It was one of those moments that caught me off guard and made me laugh so hard.

The other day we were leaving for School. There was a boy about 8 or 9 waiting for the bus along side the street.
He was just in his own world, dancing his little heiney off! We were all watching him and laughing.
We were at a stop sign, K says, "Oh, he is one of those street performers!"

husband and I laughed so hard, I said, "Yes he is!, he is pretty good."

witzend

What the little woman she is growing up into! I see hormones... little doughnut craving hormones...

trinityroyal

Doughnuts are shiney????? Um Trinity......honey?

I'm so lost - I'm with N - I don't even know what YOURE saying.

GOOD GRIEF could she get any cuter?

Star, donuts are sparkly. Well, the ones I like are sparkly. They have gobs of shiny icing and rainbow sprinkles on them. Or they're dipped in glaze, which shines if you tilt them in a sunbeam just the right way.

Steely

Oh K and N........what cutie pies. You know it is those little child like qualities that make my day a brighter place.

Today at work our mentally challenged employee was singing at the TOP of his lungs Christmas carols in the warehouse. At first I thought it was some foreign entity screeching, and then I realized it was just P., belting out Christmas songs as loud as he could.

Oh, to have that childlike joy! It made me smile.

Andy

And only a true Warrior Mom got through that without handing over the donuts! I know that next time I see N in the grocery store, she is not leaving without a donut!

OMG you just reminded me that I haven't gotten difficult child his annual advent calendar (easy child gets one also). I better do that tomorrow. Wonder if they will agree that I get the past day's chocolates?

Andy

P.s. Street performers - Oh K, you are also irresitible. When I see you in a grocery store, you are not leaving without a toy flute. Do you get many street performers in your area?

totoro

Andy... LOL
I hope I do see you in a store!
No street performers! We live in the desert! Out in the real desert, what they call the horse country part of Tucson! No sidewalks, just cacti. This boy was just standing in the dirt dancing... K may have seen some Street Dancers when we lived outside of Chicago?
I am assuming she saw it on Fetch with Ruff Ruffman... on PBS. That show teaches them all kinds of stuff like that!
That is where she learned about Brain Scans!