Those in the path of the new Winter Storm

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Seems to include a broad area and some extreme and even odd weather with much snow for some, snow and ice, ice, and tornadoes/severe storms for others.

I have not caught but a smidgen of the forecast. We're in the snow / ice. Ice first.....then snow. It's freezing rain here now. Oh goody. I'd rather have a foot of snow thankyouverymuch. Then up to 6 inches of snow (unless they change it as the day goes on) on top of whatever ice we get first.

easy child and sister in law both had to work. easy child has an hour drive to Dayton and sister in law has a half hour drive. Not too bad when they started out, but looks as if it's going to be awful later for the drive home.

I'm prepared for about anything. So the grands and I are good here. Worst thing I have to worry about is loss of power (although I have supplies to deal with it) and the poor dogs breaking their necks trying to potty in the yard. Just worried about easy child and sister in law getting home safely.

If you're in the path of this latest storm, stay home if you can, stay safe, and stay warm.

Hugs

H

HaoZi

I haven't heard anything about ice in our area, just 6-9" of snow. Blarg. Should just be getting started as I leave for work, too. Yippee. Have I mentioned that I hate snow?

Stay safe and warm everyone!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We've got the freezing rain right now. Ick Ick Ick. Maggie and I nearly killed ourselves so she could potty just a few minutes ago. (today is going to be an adventure evidently) Big heavy half frozen drops too. It's coating everything fast. Lights are already flickering. Hope it holds until daylight. PCs boys don't deal well with loss of power, especially the two little guys.

MyFriendKita

It's so bad here they've closed the malls, and it's supposed to get worse this afternoon. Fortunately we don't have to go anywhere. Lisa, I'm with you--as bad as the snow is, I would rather have it than ice. Adding my wishes for everyone to stay safe and warm.

T

TeDo

You mean another one is going to miss US!! This has got to be a record. We have sunshine (although single-digit temps) and nothing on the way.

Those of you that do get hit, please stay inside and stay safe and warm. Don't take any unnecessary risks.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm trying to keep an eye on my Mom......and thinking about Nancy too. Up that far in the GREAT WHITE NORTH......((((((((brrrrrrrrrrrr))))))) and the forecast said 9-13" of snow, and blizzard like conditions. She needed a furnace filter and was bound and determined to get out today and get one. I told her - GO EARLY!

Hope everyone is okay - Mustang, Haozi, Step2, Hound.....and anyone else I forget near there! BE SAFE! Make sure you leave your faucetts dribbling just a little to keep the water coming into the pipes in your house.

DammitJanet

We had a bad rain storm all night long and our power has gone out. I have no clue why but my phones did their little emergency alerts for tornado warnings and to take cover now. However now the sun is out. Wish the power would come back on. SUN IS OUT POWER PEOPLE!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well......it "appears" our ice melted. I say appears because I have not ventured out since nearly breaking my neck this morning with Maggie and Molly. Seems neither girl is eager to go out either, they haven't asked since.

Still waiting on the snow. They keep putting back when it's supposed to show up. In other words, they keep changing the forecast so I have no frigging clue what is supposed to be going on. I don't think they do either. lol

I know Nichole got snow and it was pretty bad for a while........as both she and easy child told me about it. But easy child is busy working and I've not heard from Nichole again so dunno how they're doing up there.

Lots of flickering lights but did not lose power thankfully.

Nancy

Thanks for thinking of me Star. I had to take easy child to the mall way across town to pick up an shower gift for her friend at a store that only has one location in the city. We left at 10 a.m. because I wanted to get back before the snow got too bad. We stayed a bit too long because she was looking for a dress for New Year's Eve. Took an hour to get back home driving no more than 30 mph. Hoping husband gets home safely from downtown, then I can rest that everyone is safe here. Please stay safe everyone!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
The snow isn't that bad here. I couldn't drive in it - car's too low to the ground - but husband took the whole family to Kohl's & Best Buy & Target... They closed the Mall at 4 pm...

DDD

I always have two thoughts when winter storms hit. First I hope and pray that everyone is warm and safe. Secondly I thank God that I live in Florida where my only worry is being blown away by an occasional hurricane. :) DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We've been getting fairly heavy snow since 4pm. (I told you the weather guys don't know what they're doing lol ) in my opinion much better than the freezing rain this morning. I don't mind snow.

Travis and I made a run to the store. I learned to drive in heavy snow during the winter (a rather snowy winter at that). Snow doesn't bother me much. And well, the snow didn't bother me. However the patches of black ice on the side streets were a surprise. Good thing I know how to drive on this stuff or it could've gotten interesting fast. I dunno if it was a mix of snow/freezing rain at some point or not but it was freezing on my windshield faster than the wipers could clear it all but wiping out my visibility in the dark. Otherwise, it would've been fun. Instead, I was glad the store is only several blocks away.

Nichole got an estimated 8 inches, sort of hard to tell because she got some freezing rain mixed with it. But she had no real issues. sister in law who works in airline hangers had a hairy day with power outages and surges. He told me that when the power goes out in a hanger you can't see your hand in front of your face. He said it was unsettling for it to be that dark.

easy child is waiting to see if enough of the night shift nurses make it in so she can come home and go to bed. She has to be up again at 4am to drive back to work. I don't know how she does it.

H

HaoZi

While our winter weather warning goes until the wee hours seems the worst is over here. The roads are slushy and icy on some corners but the crews have kept them pretty clear otherwise (main roads and busiest side roads anyway).

flutterby

Fly away!
I have 6" on the ground, but I think it's technically more. Sounds weird, I know. It's very wet, heavy and compact. It's actually less now than it was this afternoon and it's been below freezing all day so it hasn't melted - it's compacted. It's that snow that you don't really sink in when you walk on it. I think we probably got closer to 8" in actual snowfall.

JKF

We got about 5 inches of wet slushy snow topped with ice. Yuck! My husband was out plowing all night and has to finish up after a little nap. I plan on staying in my pj's all day. We're supposed to get a bigger storm here on Sat. 12+ inches possibly but we'll see. The weather ppl never know what's going to happen until it happens! lol

DammitJanet

Anyone have a clue what its supposed to do this weekend around Difficult Child? Im just wondering what Jamie is going to be driving in to?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Ours is super heavy, snowman-making snow. The kind you build forts out of and they don't melt till June...

Lothlorien

We're about to get hit with about 6 inches. We can handle that, but I don't know if our trees can take much more. I almost got into a serious accident avoiding another downed tree from the wind storm the other night. This weather is nuts.