THOUGHT I had things under control

T

TeDo

I have not been letting this whole court thing bother me. With all the proof from the psychiatrist and psychiatric hospital, I believe they will drop the charges. At least that's what I've been thinking and telling people but.....

I went to church this morning by myself because the boys didn't want to go. We go to a very small church and everyone there is sooooo friendly and caring. Anyway, I got there and walked in and everything was fine. UNTIL.....I sat down. Anxiety started creeping in but I wasn't sure why. We started singing and I started tearing up. Then one of the ladies came back during greetings and asked how I was doing. I lost it. I started crying and telling her a brief version of what was going on....just the basics. I couldn't stop crying after she gave me a hug and went back to her seat. I sat there crying for about 5 minutes then snuck out during the next song.

I guess I'm more worried than I thought...I think....who knows.

InsaneCdn

Anxiety doesn't usually kick into high gear until you hit a situation where you can "relax" a bit.
That may be part of what happened this morning.
You felt you were in a safe place, so you let your guard down a bit... and WHAM! The anxiety sees the open door and jumps straight in.

At least... that would be my sequence and experience...

DDD

Sending understanding hugs your way. Even WM's have to let go sometime. I hope your church group is truly supportive of those in crisis. I also hope you found a semi=isolated place to release the rest of your tears. DDD

buddy

{{{TeDo}}} Hope today goes better....

I agree with IC, seems like I hold things together but then it is at a more relaxed, less "on guard" moment that I feel it more. I would be beside myself over that, it is so unjust. To be charged for doing nothing during a medical event is insane. I hope in the end it makes them look like fools.

pasajes4

I usually cope with things fairly well. I also tend to fall apart when anyone comforts me. Sometimes we need a shoulder to cry on (literally) our stress needs a place to go too.

keista

((((HUGS)))) It's not that you are more worried than you thought, it's that you finally had some quiet "alone" time in an environment where you are supposed to give up your worries. in my opinion that's what you did. Crying is the physical release of emotional toxins.