thought this might be good for kids this summer

DammitJanet

I found these the other day at the store and tried them...yummy!

Del Monte's brand new Fruit Chillers line is sure to be a hit with both kids (and adults) this summer, even though it is a little on the cold side right now in most parts of the country. The Chillers are individual sorbet cups, but there are a couple of things that set them apart from the average individually portioned kids dessert. The first, and most important, thing is that they are made with real fruit purees, rather than concentrated juices that have artificial colorings and flavors added to them. In fact, there are no artificial flavors in them at all and they contain 100% of the recommended daily value of vitamin C (150% in the mango flavor) and 3/4 serving of fruit, based on the nutrition pyramid. The other interesting thing about these is that they are not found in the frozen foods section of the grocery store. They are packed sealed and unfrozen, so you can simply pop them in the freezer before you are ready to eat them. The Chillers are fat free and contain about 190 calories per 4.5-ounce serving.

The Fruit Chillers are available in three flavors: Arctic Strawberry, Polar Raspberry and Glacial Mango. I froze them overnight, as recommended by the packaging, and was pleased to find that they came out of the freezer in a "scoopable" state and weren't little fruity ice cubes. After a few more minutes on the counter, the creamy texture really came out, as did the surprisingly bold, easily recognizable flavors. Mango turned out to be my favorite, largely because the creamy texture of the snack reminded me very closely of the texture of a fresh mango, but all three were excellent and very refreshing.

Mmmmmm, sounds yummy! Gonna have to get some next time I am at the market. I adore Mangos so I know I would love the mango flavor. Oh, these are for the kids?? LOL!!

Thanks for the tip!!

Hugs,
Vickie

DammitJanet

No sugar added but a bit of corn syrup...doesnt say high fructose though. It is 3/4 of a serving of fruit per cup and 100% dv of vitamin C.