Thoughts and Healing prayers for sister

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My sister is having the cervical spinal surgery today - I need the power of my friends.

If you think of it, please send up some positive thoughts and prayers and healing juju for her. There's a 50/50 chance she could come out paralyzed, but I don't think that will happen. She flew across the country to one of the top spinal surgeons so we're thinking she has better odds of a repair. Thanks!

lovemysons

H & R,
Thoughts and prayers for your sister.
And, So glad she has good surgeons involved.

From Texas and onto...

TerryJ2

I'm sending healing thoughts for your sister, and focus, clarity, and accuracy to the surgeon. !!!!
Many hugs.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thank you everyone! She just came out of surgery and is doing well. They were able to remove the ruptured disc and fuse the area in her neck (cervical). She's incredibly sore because they had to go in through the front of her neck and move the muscle and larynx out of the way, then put it back. She can only whisper right now, but she's out and the surgery as far as they can tell was a success! We've all been on pins and needles all day waiting to hear, thank goodness.

Tiapet

Old Hand
hearts, not to alarm you, but I hope that she will be able to do more then whisper soon enough. My father had the same sort of surgery in his cervical area to fix his spine and they went in through the front and moved stuff too. He lost his voice to it. After about 10 years he finally found a dr and hospital that knew what they were doing and got something called a teflon injection and it gave him his voice back. Until then, he too only had nothing but a whisper. Keep it in mind "if" this should occur. I hope and pray not but if it does.......

buddy

Hopefully the voice problem is in part due to swelling. If there is paralysis ...esp on one side the teflon can push out the paralyzed vocal fold(s) so the movement for vibration doesn't have to go so far. Cool that it worked for him .....of course it all depends. So glad your sister made it through. I hope this is a long term solution for her. Hugs ....

DDD

I remember how worried you were a few weeks ago and am relieved to know the surgery is over and that positive signs are showing through. Add me to the list of those sending positive thoughts and prayers her way. Hugs DDD