Thoughts on being broke.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I was extremely/always broke when married to my exh. He never worked steady and we moved about 8 times in only a couple of years...always owed the last month's rent and stiffed the landlord. I got most of our food from the local church food pantry, and even put my daughters on state medicaid for a time. When I left him (finally), I went on full out welfare while I went back to school. Saying 'it was difficult' is an understatement.

Aside from the typical ways in which we pinched pennies - massively - and utilized public programs (mostly for foodstuffs & heat/oil), I had two little ones to entertain.
I frequented the library and fell in love. They have great FREE programs at local public libraries and so that's what I did - enrolled in all the programs for adults and children. I still love he library and go all the time! We also discovered a lot of public parks with interesting walking trails, we visited cemetaries (strange, but interesting!). Occasionally, there was this planetarium that had a 'free' day and they also had discounted days - we went on those days if I could get a friend to drive us (we lost our vehicle for a while).

My exh probably suffered from depression and now I'm thinking he's also probably BiPolar (BP) as well. He uses pot to maintain on a daily basis, self medicating.

Anyway, I hope things look up for you and H; I know how difficult it can be and will keep you in my thoughts.