Thoughts on latest scenario?

N

Nomad

There is no way to delete this thread. Thank you for the help. I have posted an update.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Okay, here are my thoughts.

I do wonder if she also wouldn't like the money this arrangement would bring in for her.

Of course she would. Why not? It's only fair for your daughter to pay rent.

This girl does not like difficult children friends and wont let them at her place.

This is something difficult child and her "landlord" will have to work out. Her problem, not yours. :)

I would talk with her father about and give my blessing if she agrees to work with a caseworker and attend group therapy weekly at this new place I have located.

I would be very hesitant to put caveats on things you can't possibly police. It will make you miserable following up on her...and it will make her resent you for following up.

If the move is completely contingent upon you paying the rent (she has no income of her own) then I think you need to either say yes you will without strings or no you won't, then stick to whatever your decision is.

Is difficult child getting disability? Can that be used towards her rent instead of you paying anything?

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nomad -

Sue gave you great advice and I agree with her. I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you this morning!

Hugs
Star

N

Nomad

Thanks Star!!!:D
It is interesting what changes 24 hours "might" bring.
difficult child, on her own, found a great efficiency apartment well within her budget. Her SSI covers it fully. She received a grand total of zero help from us in doing this.

This morning she went with us to the new facility I found (used a number I got from Mom to 3...very appreciatie). She was open to having a caseworker help her. She was nervous, but open, friendly and cooperative. husband, in particular was happy to see her show (although it was very tiny little things), some positive steps. We were both thrilled that difficult child and our family will be getting some help in the form of a caseworker! difficult child can make use of group therapy, socialization classes and other tools at the facility. We feel it is a step in the right direction.

Next week...we all go in to make arrangements for difficult child to get a Caseworker. Hopefully, this person will be able to educate/guide difficult child and help her get more services if she needs them as well as guide her into making better decisions (like being more cooperative with vocational rehabilitation). Everyone is looking forward to it.