Tigger gave me a heart attack!

JJJ

He walks in after school and hands me a business card from the police officer assigned to his school and tells me to call him. :ohmygod:

With my boys, I have learned to freeze the panic and ask for more information.

Turns out that the officer just said hi to Tigger and gave him his t-shirt because Tigger isn't doing the full community police program. (our 5th graders participate in a 'character counts' program -it replaced DARE -- and they all get a t-shirt from the police). He told Tigger that police help children and Tigger could call him anytime. :whew:

Course, Tigger is my one who used a pay phone to call 911 (as a speech-impaired 3 year old) to say he had an emergency because I wouldn't buy him a hotdog. The 911 operator couldn't understand him so she sent the police. I loved explaining that one :redface:

Mom2oddson

:whew:

My heart gave an extra thump just reading about being handed the business card with a "call him".....

Glad it was all good news and that you have a strong heart.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay I'm :rofl: but can sympathize with the panic that probably rose up initially. Gotta love that black & white thinking. :D

LittleDudesMom

Course, Tigger is my one who used a pay phone to call 911 (as a speech-impaired 3 year old) to say he had an emergency because I wouldn't buy him a hotdog. The 911 operator couldn't understand him so she sent the police. I loved explaining that one :redface:

I don't remember that story! Thanks for the early morning smile!

Sharon

susiestar

Roll With It
I bet that was a better "pick me up" than coffee, at least for a minute!!

This will be another great story to tell after he is married or has children!

whatamess

Ah yes, the freezing...happens to me everytime my phone rings while difficult child is at school!
Funny about the hot dog!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Glad you figured it out without having to call the officer saying "my kid told me I needed to call you..." and you both racking your brains over it...

Hotdog story = FUNNY! lol