Tim Tams

Marg's Man

It's late; it's cold and Marg's in the office 'talking' to you lot.

I'm a bit of TV and the latest Tim Tam advert came on.

Marg and I have mentioned what a treat Tim Tams are. The advert got me thinking so I 'Googled' YouTube and came up with MANY references to the Tim Tam slam and this link to the advert:

This is on normal broadcast free to air TV here so I figured it would be safe enough to share.

What's a Tim Tam slam? Imagine a straw that you drink your favourite coffee blend with; made of chocolate. A Tim Tam can be nibbled so that it becomes such a straw. Pity they're hard to get in America!

Mwaa-Haa-HAA!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Yes, they are difficult to find. They ARE here....you just have to look for them.

Unless of course, you happen to know very LOVELY people in Australia! :salute: :bigsmile:

mstang67chic

Going Green
Oh and after the Tim Tam commercial, the one in the list at the bottom for Cadbury? PRICELESS!!!! (Just don't drink anything while you watch it!)

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Every time I go into a World Market, I look for Tim Tams....... have yet to find any, but my search goes on.......

mstang67chic

Going Green
I've been there and looked myself. I was told that they get them in but it's either rarely or we just haven't gotten there in time after the shipment. :(

slsh

member since 1999
I'm so drooling right now!

From Wikipedia: "In recent years Arnott's have developed variations of Tim Tams including Chewy Caramel, Mocha, Double Coat, Chilli Chocolate, Classic Dark Chocolate, Black Forest Fantasy, Creamy Truffle Temptation and the latest Choc Orange, as well as a range of special edition varieties. In September 2005, Arnott's launched Tim Tam Balls, a smaller spherical version of the biscuit. A special edition strawberry variety was released in September 2006 with a portion of sales to benefit a breast cancer charity."

Choc Orange? Black Forest? Mocha? Truffle? I think we need a care package from Oz! :) Oh my gosh, these look just divine!

KTMom91

We found Tim Tams at...Target. They looked good, so I bought them. Yum.

And I just remembered...my niece is in Australia right now. Something to do with 4-H. My Sis-in-law is nervous...her baby is half a world away.

Last edited:

Marguerite

Our favourites are the dark chocolate ones. The plan ones have a butterscotch biscuit base with the chocolate cream filling then dipped in milk chocolate. The double-dipped also use the butterscotch biscuit base, so do the Tim Tam balls.

Mocha & Truffle are also divine... but for the best Tim Tam slam you need the double coat ones, they hold together the longest...

I don't know if it's on UTube, but Rihanna appeared on Rove and had a Tim Tam slam on live TV. She's sold on them!

Marg

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay, off to check at Target (can't believe ours would ever have them, but?????? ....... I need a slam!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, these sound heavenly. I'll have to keep an eye out for them. :D

And omg, I LOVED that commercial. :rofl: Now why can't we get creative commercials like that???

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Watch yourself with the 'Tim Tams' Manischewitz also makes a Tim Tam. They are not a chocolate cookie.

Instead they are a plain flour and water cracker (like crackers made of matzo). They are otherwise neutral (can be eaten with both meat and dairy). They are very good as a 'water cracker' with various types of cheese and are also nice with things like chopped liver, herring salad, smoked salmon, etc.

I love them, but I don't think they'd be at all good with iced coffee drinks or the like.