Time and Money

M

ML

I have really appreciated the threads on money saving ideas. I joined the grocergame.com and for $1 I'll try it for a month. I have to weigh the savings with the cost of the service but it's been nice having a list of all the best buys, combining with coupons, all the work done for you. It's a balance between time and money all the time. Both are commodities that I am short on.

I'm also doing extra cooking on the weekends so that when we come home after work and difficult child's TKD at 7:30 I can just throw dinner in the wave. Last week I put a roast in the crockpot and made bbq beef, meatballs to make an easy spaghetti dinner and froze taco meat too.

I'm also weighing the value of paying for a tutor to come to difficult child's daycare a few times a week to have homework done. Otherwise it just won't work. I want to keep up the TKD because it's the only physical activity he does and I think it's good for him. So we can't be coming home at 7:30 and have dinner, unwind and have time for homework battles too. These battles leave both of us bloody messes daily during the school year. Not good.

I thank you all for the steady stream of great ideas. This site has had a wonderful influence in my life on many levels :)

ML

TerryJ2

Ohhhh, neat, Michele.
I can't take credit, but I will agree, it's a great group.
I like the idea of doing meals ahead of time, too.
And crock pots are great.
We used a tutor for difficult child because he absolutely wouldn't listen to us. Something are worth more than their wt in gold!

I usually take the free time I have when Tink is with her dad to cook up a few things.

Granted, I am the only one who eats it, but one of these years Tink might try something besides pasta.

The price of food right now is enough to make baby Jesus cry.

klmno

Wow, ML- you have a lot on your plate. I'm a single working mom and we wouldn't survive without leftovers. :) But, the leftovers are planned- I cook about 3 times a week. I grill on weekends (chicken, beef, etc.) and we can eat that as meat at least twice in the upcoming days. I will make spaghetti (with- salad) or chilli- something along those lines, and we can eat on that two times during the week. Then, it might be fried pork chops (not healthy, I know), baked fish, or something else that is quick and easy.

So, even though we eat left-overs, it isn't exactly like we are eating some horrible meal several times in a row.